Install WP e-Commerce Grid View to showcase your products using a grid view layout. Grid view gives your front end user a greatly enhanced browsing and shopping experience on your site. The plugin automatically activates the native grid view functionality on WP e-Commerce when installed and activated.
- WP e-Commerce Grid View plugin has no settings, just install and activate.
- Once activated it auto activates the ‘locked’ Grid View Feature on the WP e-Commerce plugin.
- Once activated go to your WP admin dashboard > Store > Presentation tab and scroll down to the Product Page Settings and you will see in the dropdown that you can now select and set the Grid View settings.
- WPEC Grid View always activates the Grid View Feature in WP e-Commerce.
Cross Browser Compatibility
WP e-Commerce Grid View has been tested on the default WordPress themes and it is tested 100% compatible with all browsers.
= Premium Support =
The a3rev team does not provide support for the WP e-Commerce Grid View plugin on the WordPress.org forums. One on one developer support is available to people who have purchased a WP e-Commerce Grid View Pro plugin Lifetime License. The Pro Version has several extra features that in addition to developer support might be well worth your investment!
Pro Version Upgrade
For those who want crystal clear product card images and a beautiful fluid mobile and tablet responsive display there is a PRO Version upgrade.
Pro Version additional Features:
- Fully mobile and tablet responsive Grid View display (providing of course that your theme is responsive)
- Fluid Product Card display ( Grid view), for Products page (Shop), Product categories pages, product tag pages
- Fluid Product Card Display ( Grid View ) for Categories pages created by shortcode.
- Adds Product Card (Grid View) product image Scaling to the WP e-Commerce plugin.
- Auto scales product feature image so they they also show perfectly on the Grid View Product cards.
- Images are scaled from the centre of the container for a perfect display everytime.
- Adds Grid View to Category pages that are added via shortcode.
- Instant access to the plugins a3rev support forum for priority developer support.
Find detailed step-by-step Grid View set up instructions in the plugins documentation on the a3rev wiki.
Install and activate the plugin
Go to WP admin dashboard > Settings > Store > Presentation tab > Product Page Settings
Select Grid View and your Grid View Settings.
Save your changes.
Support is available from the Support tab on the Plugins wordpress.org page.
- WordPress 3.7 or greater
- PHP version 5.2.4 or greater
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater
Automatic installation is the easiest option as WordPress handles the file transfers itself and you don’t even need to leave your web browser. To do an automatic install of WP e-Commerce Grid View, log in to your WordPress admin panel, navigate to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
In the search field type “WP e-Commerce Grid View” and click Search Plugins. Once you have found our plugin you can install it by simply clicking Install Now. After clicking that link you will be asked if you are sure you want to install the plugin. Click yes and WordPress will automatically complete the installation.
The manual installation method involves downloading our plugin and uploading it to your web server via your favorite FTP application.
- Download the plugin file to your computer and unzip it
- Using an FTP program, or your hosting control panel, upload the unzipped plugin folder to your WordPress installations wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin from the Plugins menu within the WordPress admin.
- When can I use this plugin?
You can use this plugin only when you have installed the WP e-Commerce plugin.
Stay away from this plugin ,after installation my site disappeared !
a3rev Grid View make browsing products very easy for customers.I have use the free version a wile, now I have update it to PRO and am very happy by the results.
Thank you a3rev ! and very good support they have….
Contributors & Developers
“WP e-Commerce Grid View” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
1.0.8 – 2016/04/22
- Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WP-eCommerce Version 3.11.2
- Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WordPress major version 4.5.0
1.0.7 – 2015/08/25
- Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WordPress major version 4.3.0
- Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WP-eCommerce major version 3.9.5
1.0.6 – 2015/05/30
- Tweak – Tested and Tweaked for full compatibility with WordPress Version 4.2.2
1.0.5 – 2015/04/24
- Tweak – Tested and Tweaked for full compatibility with WordPress Version 4.2.0
- Tweak – Tested and Tweaked for full compatibility with WP e-Commerce Version 3.9.3
- Tweak – Changed
WP_PLUGIN_DIR. When admin sets a custom WordPress file structure then it can get the correct path of plugin
- Fix – Move the output of
esc_url()function to fix the XSS vulnerability identified in WordPress 4.1.2 security upgrade
18.104.22.168 – 2014/09/09
- Tweak – Tested 100% compatible with WP e-Commerce 22.214.171.124
- Tweak – Tested 100% compatible with WordPress Version 4.0
- Tweak – Check session, if no then call session_start(); to not show the PHP Notice ‘A session had already been started – ignoring session_start()’
126.96.36.199 – 2014/06/17
- Tweak – Tested 100% compatible with WordPress Version 3.9.1
- Tweak – Tested 100% compatible with WP e-Commerce Version 188.8.131.52
184.108.40.206 – 2014/05/08
- Tweak – Tested 100% compatible with WordPress Version 3.9.0
- Tweak – Tested 100% compatible with WP e-Commerce Version 3.8.14
- Tweak – Full WP_DEBUG. All uncaught errors, warnings and exceptions fixed.
220.127.116.11 – 2013/12/24
- Tweak – Updated Grid View product card content display when admin set to show 4 to 6 products per row.
- Tweak – Changed Product Card content display from align Left to align center for better front end display.
- Tweak – Tested 100% compatible with WordPress Version 3.8.0
- Tweak – Tested 100% compatible with WP e-Commerce Version 3.8.13
- Tweak – Ran WP_DEBUG All Uncaught exceptions errors and warnings fixed.
1.0.4 – 2013/08/13
- Tweak – Now just include grid view style when viewing shop page or category page.
- Tweak – Tested for full compatibility with WordPress v3.6.0
- Tweak – Added PHP Public Static to functions in Class. Done so that PHP Public Static warnings don’t show in DE_BUG mode.
- Tweak – Updated the plugins support links to the plugins WordPress support forum.
1.0.3 – 2013/04/22
- Tweak – Added when install and activate plugin link redirects to the Store > Presentation options page where the WP e-Commerce Grid View settings are instead of the wp-plugins dashboard which has caused confusion as users do not realize that WP Grid View has no settings.
- Tweak – Tested all plugin code 100% compatible with new WP e-Commerce version 3.8.10
- Tweak – Updated some 404 links from plugins readme and dashboard.
1.0.2 – 2013/01/09
- Tweak – Updated Support and Pro Version link URL’s on wordpress.org description, plugins and plugins dashboard. Links were returning 404 errors since the launch of the all new a3rev.com mobile responsive site as the base e-commerce permalinks is changed.
1.0.1 – 2012/08/23
- Tweak – Added Plugin description Documentation | Support links and updated description
- Tweak – Created plugin documentation on the a3rev wiki. Includes detailed tutorial on configuring WP e-Commerce grid view settings.
- Tweak – Pro version now supports scaling Category thumbnail images
- Tweak – Updated wordpress.org description with more plugin information.
- Tweak – Created Github repository for Pro Version files.
1.0 – 2012/07/23
- Initial release.