This plugin lets you remove some of the default headers, tags and classes that WordPress inserts into your template by default. I personally find that some of them are unnecessary and just waste bandwidth.
The plugin currently lets you configure the following:
- In the head of HTML and XML documents
- Feed links (blog and comment feeds)
- Extra feed links (category, tag, author, search feeds)
- Really Simple Discovery and Windows Live Manifest endpoint links
- Links to previous/next posts
- Generator tag which reveals which version of WordPress you are using
- Shortlink tag
- oEmbed links
- REST API endpoint link
- In HTTP response headers:
- Shortlink header
- Redundant Etag headers
- X-Pingback header
- Remove HTML body classes that you do not need (there is a huge list of classes that WordPress automatically inserts into the body tag)
- Remove post classes that you do not need (e.g.,
- Remove comment classes that you do not need (e.g.,
- Remove menu item classes that you do not need (e.g.,
If you come across any bugs or have suggestions, please use the support forums. I can’t fix it if I don’t know it’s broken!
Great and useful plugins like all other from this author. Thank you for making this free.
Does what it says on the tin. Samir, thanks for your great work!
- Add option to remove REST API and oEmbed links from the HTML head.
- Add option to remove Emoji CSS and JS.
- Bugfix: current-menu-ancestor and current-menu-parent were being wrongly hidden by another filter.
- Add CSRF validation to settings page.
- Remove options for start/parent/index rel links – these were dropped from WordPress.
- Minor usability improvements.
- Added the option to remove ID attributes from Menu items
- Added menu item class filtering
- Added version-specific filters for WordPress 3.1
- Modified upgrade routine to account for changes in upgrade procedure in WordPress 3.1
- Performance improvements for class filtering
- Added new class filters for classes introduced in WordPress 3.1 beta/RC
- Added the option to completely disable body, post and comment classes.
- Added new class filters for classes introduced in WordPress 3.1 alpha
- Added filtering for classes in the tag
- Note: some previous options may be reset after upgrade, because of some changes to how the plugin works – so please go to the settings page to check them.