Allows you to optimize database, repair database, backup database, restore database, delete backup database , drop/empty tables and run selected queries. Supports automatic scheduling of backing up, optimizing and repairing of database.
- The script will automatically create a folder called
backup-dbin the wp-content folder if that folder is writable. If it is not created, please create the folder and ensure that the folder is writable
- If you are on Apache, move the
Folder: wp-content/backup-db/.htaccessif it is not there already
- If you are on IIS, move the
Folder: wp-content/backup-db/Web.configif it is not there already
Folder: wp-content/backup-db/index.phpif it is not there already
- Go to
WP-Admin -> Database -> DB Optionsto configure the database options
- I spent most of my free time creating, updating, maintaining and supporting these plugins, if you really love my plugins and could spare me a couple of bucks, I will really appreciate it. If not feel free to use it without any obligations.
- Note that this plugin passes your datababase password via –password in the command line of mysqldump. This is convenient but as a trade off, it is insecure.
- On some systems, your password becomes visible to system status programs such as ps that may be invoked by other users to display command lines. MySQL clients typically overwrite the command-line password argument with zeros during their initialization sequence. However, there is still a brief interval during which the value is visible. Also, on some systems this overwriting strategy is ineffective and the password remains visible to ps. Source: End-User Guidelines for Password Security
- If this is a concern to you, I recommend another database backup plugin called WP-DB-Backup
- To know about the difference between WP-DBManager and WP-DB-backup, checkout What is the difference between WP-DBManager and WP-DB-Backup? in the FAQ section.
- My database is not backed up / My backup file is 0Kb
- Ensure that your host allows you to access mysqldump. You can try to narrow the problem by Debugging via SSH:
check_backup_files();on line 246
- Add below it
- Go to
WP-Admin -> Database -> Backup
- It should print some debugging statements
- Copy that line than run it in SSH
- If you need help on SSH contact your host or google for more info
- What is the difference between WP-DBManager and WP-DB-Backup?
- WP-DBManager uses
mysqldumpapplication to generate the backup and
mysqlapplication to restore them via shell.
- WP-DB-Backup uses PHP to generate the backup. In some cases WP-DB-Backup will work better for you because it requires less permissions. Not all host allows you to access mysqldump/mysql directly via shell.
- WP-DBManager allows you to have automatic optimizing and repairing of database on top of backing up of database.
- WP-DBManager uses
- Why do I get the message “Warning: Your backup folder MIGHT be visible to the public!”?
- Ensure that you have renamed
.htaccessand placed it in your backup folder (defaults to
- If you are 100% sure you have did that and have verfied that the folder no longer is accessible to the public by visiting the URL
http://yousite.com/wp-content/backup-db/, you can safely disable the notice by going to
WP-Admin -> Database -> DB Optionsand set
Hide Admin Noticesto
- Ensure that you have renamed
Have been using this for a long time and is still the most simple and effective DB backup tool.
Has never done me wrong, and works as advertised. My one complaint is that I would love an option for MU for a global admin to only be available in the network. While each blog would only have an interface to tables specific to each blog.
This plugin allows me to automaticaly repair, optimize, and backup my database on whatever schedule I want. Or I can do it manually whenever I make any significant site changes, then send the backup file to myself by email. It is about as easy to use as it gets. There are other functions as well, but optimize and backup are 99% of what I use it for — and it’s perfect!
Totally do not understand all these instructions, explanations and nothing worked. At least have a payment section to expedite for beginners to fix this. I dont have the patience.
I’ve been using it for years even though I have Backup Buddy and other plugins. This one is part of our standard install no matter what.
Contributors & Developers
“WP-DBManager” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- FIXED: Proper check for disabled functions
- NEW: Bump WordPress 4.7
- FIXED: Undefined index: repair and repair_period
- FIXED: escapeshellcmd on Windows. Props Gregory Karpinsky.
- FIXED: Move wp_mkdir_p() up before if check. Props Scott Allen.
- FIXED: Blank screen downloading backup
- FIXED: Remove MySQL Version check to display tables stats
- NEW: Add wp_dbmanager_before_escapeshellcmd action just before escapeshellcmd()
- FIXED: Missing / for Windows
- FIXED: When activating the plugin, copy index.php to the backup folder
- FIXED: If you are on Apache, .htaccess will be copied to the backup folder, if you are on IIS, Web.config will be copied to the backup folder
- FIXED: When choosing 1 Month(s) for Backup/Optimize/Repair, the next date calculation is wrong
- FIXED: escapeshellarg() already escape $, no need to double escape it
- FIXED: Unable to backup/restore database if user database password has certain special characters in them
- FIXED: Use escapeshellcmd() to escape shell commands. Props Larry W. Cashdollari.
- FIXED: Do not allow LOAD_FILE to be run. Props Larry W. Cashdollari.
- FIXED: Uses dbmanager_is_valid_path() to check for mysql and mysqldump path. Fixes arbitrary command injection using backup path. Props Larry W. Cashdollari.
- FIXED: Uses realpath() to check for backup path. Fixes arbitrary command injection using backup path. Props Larry W. Cashdollari.
- NEW: Bump to 4.0
- New: Uses WordPress 3.9 Dashicons
- NEW: Allow you to hide admin notices in the DB Options page
- NEW: Allow Multisite Network Activate
- NEW: Uses WordPress uninstall.php file to uninstall the plugin
- NEW: Uses wp_mail() to send email instead of PHP mail()
- NEW: New From E-mail, From Name & Subject template
- FIXED: Issues with email from field if site title contains , (comma)
- FIXED: Notices
- FIXED: Set default character set to UTF-8. Props Karsonito
- FIXED: Use intval() instead of is_int() when checking for port number. Props Webby Scots
Version 2.63 (03-05-2011)
- NEW: Added Auto Repair Functionality
- NEW: Added nonce To All Forms For Added Security