All extra .css or .js files can be uploaded to your WordPress blog and then included into the post/page easily using built-in functions.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Create a post in Visual Mode. The last toobar icon is a shortcut to the Wp-D3 Manager Editor.
- Paste your code into the editor.
- If you have any extra dependencies to .js or .css files upload them to your WordPress
installation using the WordPress Media Library and then add their URL to the list of includes that
appears when Wp-D3 Chart Manager’s ‘Include’ button is pressed.
- In your D3 code, make sure that the chart is attached to a div with the same name as the current edition tab.
- Press ‘Insert’ to add a shortcode into the current post with the chart reference.
- Press ‘Save’.
- Preview your post and have fun!.
Technically you can use any .js file in your code if you upload it to the WordPress’ Media Library and then copy its URL to the Wp-D3 “Includes” dialog.
This plugin is designed with D3 in mind so any extra charting libs are not guaranteed to work.
Thank you so much Ruben for making the plug-in. Can’t illustrate how much this has helped us out!
As users have pointed out, go to D3 for dummmies and read user “p_ebox” instruction on how to get it up and running.
It’s easy to implement on the WP dash editor, and had quick response from support. Has worked for me very well implementing a D3 viz prototype.
Contributors & Developers
“Wp-D3” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Security fix release to prevent CSRF attacks to the plugin functionality.
- D3.js library updated to latest v4.3.
- Updated D3 library to D3 v4.22.
- Added a settings option to switch between D3v3.5 and D3v4.2
- Minor code cleaning around.
- Fixed a bug introduced in 2.2 that broke paragraph (\<p>) tags when two of them were consecutive.
- Fixed a bug that enabled ‘wpautop’ and ‘wptexturize’ plugins.
- Updated D3 library to D3 v3.5.16
- Validated up to WordPress v4.5
- Added Preview button to the Wp-D3 editor.
- Fixed bug that made generated code not to be valid when the chart contains “p” (HTML paragraph) hardcoded strings.
- Updated D3 library to D3 v3.5.5
- Validated up to WordPress v4.1
- Added WPD3_CHART_ID feature: the constant WPD3_CHART_ID can be used instead of the chart title and the
plugin will generate an ID automatically.
- Updated D3.js to version 3.4.13
- Updated ACE editor to version 1.1.7
- Validation of the Wp-D3 plugin with WordPress 4.0
- New interface added to edit and save D3 code without interfering with post content by means of a
- Fixed plugin initialization bug that generated a wrong js script include.
- The [d3-link] tag is now optional and can be skipped if nothing needs to be included.
- The shipped d3.js version has been updated to D3 v3.3.10
- Fixed bug that provoked wpautop and wptexturize to be disabled permanently.
- Fixed d3-link include’s generation.
- Added filter to avoid wptexturize messing the [d3-source] content.
- Updated D3 shipped version to last 3.3.3
- The plugin now uses the lighter d3.v3.min.js (instead of d3.v3.js).
- Fixed d3 snippet insertion, now the code output is shown where it has been inserted inside the post.
- First commit. Basic tag functionality, [d3-link], [d3 canvas=”canvas”]