Protect your blog content from getting copied. A simple plug-in developed to stop the Copy cats
- Disable selection of text – Now those n00bs can not copy your content easily.
- Disable right click on your blog – Disable right click with popup message or without popup message.
- No side-effect on SEO – Search engines can read your content without any problem.
- User specific setting – Apply above settings to all users or specific category of users like Admin.
- Both disable right click and disable selection of text can be switch ON or OFF through Settings menu.
You must enable the options from WP-CopyProtect settings page after installing the plugin, to enable the protection to your blog.
Why don’t you rate the plugin if you like it !! 🙂 >>
By Chetan Gole.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Dashboard and then WP Copy Protect to configure and enable.
- Why Disable content selection is not working ?
Most probably your theme doesn’t have
<?php wp_footer(); ?>in footer, so please edit the footer of your theme and insert that code.
To edit the theme go to Design >> Theme Editor >> Select “Footer.php” from right hand list >> and paste
<?php wp_footer(); ?>just before the ‘< /body >’ tag.
If possible add this code near to WordPress link.
The “disable Content selection” will start working.
- WP Copyprotect is bad for the SEO?
- I have problems and questions
Catch me on Wp-CopyProtect Homepage
As described. Many thanks!
Perfect, as it promised…
it’s really simple and useful.
in my opinion, we can be change the plugin language via Loco Translate or etc. but there is no option about this:]
thanks developer, you well done!
Followed the instructions, but no option changes, footer edits, etc.. did the trick.
The plugin just doesn’t work and at least at this writing hasn’t been updated in almost a year.
Save you time.
This plugin has an impact on SEO?
This does not appear to work on a multi site installation 🙁
Contributors & Developers
“WP-CopyProtect [Protect your blog posts]” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
ver : 3.1.0
- Sanitising user input for protection. Avoiding XSS attacks. Reference: https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/sanitize_text_field
ver : 3.0.0
- Added user specific setting, now you can disable WP Copy Protect for admin/logged-in users.
- Moved menu to top level.
ver : 2.2.0
- Compatibility tag added for WP 3+
ver : 2.1.0
- Footer link is now optional.
ver : 2.0.0
- New option added for disabling right click without popup message, UI changes.
ver : 1.9.1
.1 Compatibility tag added for Wp 2.9 .
ver : 1.9.0
- VALID XHTML (Validation errors removed).
ver : 1.8.0
- Update for WordPress 2.8 with change in settings panel.