WP-Copy is a script that helps you move your WordPress site to a new domain by taking care of the hard work.
- Copies the files and the database: all of your files and database tables (both WP and non-WP ones) are copied across;
- Fixes permalinks: replaces the old URLs in the database with the new URLs;
- Copies the files as zip archive: one single compressed file upload is uploaded on the remote host;
- Imports database in chunks, so if you got a big database file - no worries wp-copy will sort that for you;
- Protects the files during upload: automatically places an index file in the root of the remote site, so no uninvited visitors can see your files during the transfer;
- FTPES (FTP over SSL) support: supports both FTP active/passive modes as well as FTP over SSL;
The PRO version also does:
- Fixes serialized urls in database: in case you got custom menus they'll still work;
- Re-generates the htaccess file on the remote site, so you don't have to log in again and re-generate it yourself;
- Works with PHP 5.2;
Or get WP-Deploy for even more satisfaction:
- Instantly create snapshots of your site;
- More control over copying, select which folders and database tables you want to ignore;
- Save the remote server credentials and re-use them anytime;
- Run cron jobs to automate backups/copying/deployments;
WP-Copy PRO →
We are a team of WordPress lovers, visit us at: WPDev.me.
We also got a YouTube Channel: WPDev.me on Youtube.
For support and advice, check out WPDev.me Forums.