WP Construction & Maintenance mode allows you to hide your entire site, or a specific page while you build and maintain the site. Your visitors will see a beautiful
landing page, with an optional animated progress bar. This plugin is a must-have for every site, because you can use it when you are first building the site, then later
when you are performing maintenance or edits on pages, you can place only the page you are working on under maintenance, and allow your visitors to continue browsing your site as you develop.
Additionally, you can add your Analytics code in the plugin to track how much traffic you are receiving.
First, activate the plugin. You will be automatically re-directed to the plugin settings page. Switch the plugin on, and open your site in an incognito window, or log out of WordPress
to see the Coming Soon page.
From this settings page you can upload your own logo, upload a different background, Enter the text you want visitors to see, set the colors of your preference, and enter an optional
shortcode for a form. The shortcode could be for a contact form or a newsletter. You can put any shortcode that you got from another plugin, and the form will show up on the landing page.
The Pro vesion provides you with a sleek circular countdown timer. Set the target date & time, excite your visitors with a count down till launch! It also allows you to
enter an About section, Contact section and many more features! See the demo!
Pro version available, Live Demo
- Toggle on/off
- Set to entire site or specific page
- Animated Progress Bar
- Logo & background upload
- Title & sub-title text edit
- Font color
- Accent color
- Loading Animation
- Shortcode( newsletter or contact form )
- Social icons links
- Google Analytics
Pro Version Add-ons:
- Client Login with Username & Password
- Custom Contact Form
- Stylish Countdown Timer. Set the launch date and create anticipation
- 2 Additional professional templates
- 2 Additional WYSIWYG HTML sections
- Additional animation styles
- Upload the plugin folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Click on Construction Mode in the WordPress Dashboard sidebar
- You can choose your option and enter your custom message, caption, logo and urls for your social pages
- Click on “Submit” button.
I saw in my mind’s eye what I wanted visitors to my site [houstonindia.com] to see while in the background I re-built the site to make it responsive, etc.
Several times in the past when I re-built sites, I would have done one of 2 different things: either have the visitor see the new site as it was being reconstructed (I did this once and learned my lesson) or build it in a folder then did a redirect when finished. This second option has a ton of pitfalls, namely links needing to be reassigned when the switchover is done.
I tried 6 plugins before finding SmartCat’s WP Construction Mode, which is the first to give me the options I wanted. I did have to write to the plugin owner to get the image at the top of the page to appear a little larger than the default, but he responded just several hours later and was very helpful.
Thanks, SmartCat. I wish I had this several times in the past, and will recommend it to others in my community.
Easy to use, customize inmediatley, no problem with installation.
Upload, URL, or from Library. None show. Pushing Pro service I guess. Deleted and moved on.
This plugin is simple to use and works perfectly. I was able to complete work on my site logging in and out as an admin while subscribers/members couldn’t access or view the site while I was busy.
(Which was a relief since another maintenance mode plugin I tried before locked me out of my own site altogether)!
Thanks so much for creating it 🙂
A quite ease to use plugin with a great function to keep the public viewers out while you can work on the website in the meanwhile!
Contributors & Developers
“WP Construction Mode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
* added translation
- minor bug fix affecting a few users
- Added Google Analytics support
- Added a contact form to the pro version
- Added a client portal with unique username & password login to the pro version
- Added a direct login link from the Construction Page so admins can easily access the login page & site backend
- Added more filtering to avoid conflicts in template_redirect
- ATTENTION: The plugin has undergone a complete re-build. It now has better functionality and is more scalable for future updates
- Added upload buttons for the logo and background image
- Added default background image
- New Feature: Added color customization options
- Added fontawesome icons
- Fixed bug that caused countdown to cut off text
- Fixed JS error generated on some sites
- Added more options for social icons
- New Feature: Added animation to progress bar
- Moved the Under Construction notification to the admin top bar
email field fix, added shortcode support
responsive fix, dashboard change
progress bar bug fix
Minor css fixes
fix bug with blank urls
bug fixes, pro version released
added social icons