WP Console brings the famous PsySH on your browser. PsySH is a runtime developer console, interactive debugger and REPL for PHP.
Write your code in code editor, press Cmd-Enter(mac) or Ctrl-Enter(win/linux) and get your output in your browser.
You can also use PsySH with wp-cli with the command
wp shell. wp-cli has built-in support for psysh already. You need to just activate WP Console to use this.
WP Console requires WordPress v5.0 or later.
- Powerful code editor powered by Ace Editor.
- PHP core and WordPress functions live autocompletion with placeholders.
_dumpas the alternative to
var_dumpwhich uses Symfony VarDumper.
- Get debug.log contents and clear them right from your browser.
- Advanced shell powered by psySH for
- Custom code snippet. Supports VS Code supported code snippets. For example you can use this WooCommerce snippets.
Please note that, currently PsySH commands like
show etc and Magic variables like
$__class etc are not supported in browser console.
👉 WP Console uses Gutenberg packages and components for its UI/UX. Checkout the GitHub repo here ediamin/wp-console.
WP Console explicitly checks for
manage_options permission to display the UI and perform other actions. Yet, this plugin should not be used in production server.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Console – WordPress PHP Console powered by PsySH” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
2.2.0 – November 22, 2020
* Add custom code snippet support. You can use VS Code supported PHP code snippets now.
* Add Copy Output button.
* Enqueue scripts only for manage_options capability owners.
* Improve handling uncaught fatal errors.
* Add Twenty Twenty theme compatibility.
* Set default values for user Console settings in REST API.
* Fix horizontal output scolling issue for vertically split console.
* Fix close button get disappear in WooCommerce admin pages.
* Fix error line no in console editor
2.1.0 – April 14, 2020
* Lazy load React components to improve performance
* Use a single store source for all components
* Reset console responses after close app window
* Fix navigation button icon css for WP v5.4
* Resize editor screen after toggle split mode
2.0.0 – December 11, 2019
* Revamp UI/UX.
* Add Ace editor as code editor plugin. Remove CodeMirror.
* Live autocompletion with placeholders.
* Option to vertically split editor and output window.
* Add ability to clear debug.log.
* Restrict plugin UI and REST APIs for users who have manage_options capability.
1.5.0 – November 07, 2019
* Tweak – Change
dump function name to
_dump to resolve conflict with wp-erp
1.4.0 – November 02, 2019
* New – Save code editor history in localStorage
* Tweak – Use wp-scripts for assets build process
1.3.0 – October 26, 2019
* New – Fetch debug.log contents
* Tweak – Support PHP version 5.6
1.2.0 – July 27, 2019
* New – Add autocompletion data(WP functions, PHP booleans, constants, functions, keywords)
* New – Add codemirror closebrackets, matchbrackets addon scripts
* New – Show error stacktrace
1.1.0 – June 25, 2019
* New – Use output buffer handler
* New – Add build process
* Tweak – Remove unnecessary code
1.0.0 – June 21, 2019