Embed a chatroom on WordPress pages and posts with an easy to use shortcode. Host your own chatroom on your blog for a fun interactive experience with your audience. Easy to use interface allows users to Video chat, chat by sending instant messages, and share all types of media, including pictures, youtube videos, and whiteboard drawings. Requires Chatblazer account, free or paid.
WP-ChatBlazer is available for chat in:
Full chat documentation can be found on the WP-ChatBlazer Page page.
The plugin is simple to install:
wp-chatblazerdirectory to your
- Go to the plugin management page and enable the Chatblazer chat plugin
Configure WP Chatblazer
Before adding a chat to your page/post, enter the chat host, chat height and other chat settings under Settings -> WP-Chatblazer
Add WP Chatblazer
- Use ‘[WP-ChatBlazer]’ to add a chat to your Post or Page content
- Use the “WP Chatblazer” widget to add chat to a sidebar
<?php echo WP_Chatblazer(); ?>to add chat to your theme
Using Custom Page Template
Copy the file WP_Chatblazer_template.php to your theme folder for a full page chat template
You can find full details of installing a plugin on the plugin installation page.
- I get the message “Domain is not allowed to host this application”
In order to use Chatblazer for chat you will need to signup for a free hosted chat for your domain at www.chatblazer.com.
- Does Chatblazer run on an iPad?
Because Chatblazer software uses Flash to chat, it will NOT run on an ipad, or any other platform that does not natively support Flash. However, there is a non-flash chat version under development.
Contributors & Developers
“WP ChatBlazer” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Initial chat release
- Added description, tags, and link to chatblazer in chat settings page
- Added a flash detection script to display an error message instead of the chat if the user does not have the minimum flash version that is required to use chatblazer for chat.
- Added a full page chat template for use in themes
- Added the WP Chatblazer Widget for easily adding chat to sidebars and footer
- Added the function so that chat can easily be added to other themes