Use WP Catalogue to display your products in an attractive and professional catalogue. It’s easy to use, easy to customise, and lets you show off your products in style. Add to any page using shortcode
- Simple, light-weight product catalogue
- Add up to 3 images per product, displaying in an interactive lightbox
- Customise your catalogue presentation easily (choose theme colour, set image sizes, number of products per page, pagination, grid layout etc)
- Completely customise the design of the catalogue via your theme css – great for designers/developers
- Integrated breacrumb for easy hassel-free navigation
- Next/Previous navigation (optional)
- Display product price (optional)
- Drag & Drop to easily order products and categories
- Works in all major browsers – IE7, IE8, IE9, Safari, Firefox, Chrome
- Add to any page using shortcode
Pro vs Lite Version
This is Free version of the plugin. Get Pro Version if you need the following advanced features:
- Better handling of various level categories/sub-categories
- Shortcode functions to embed specific categories/sub-categories
- Fully Responsive design
- UNLIMITED product images
- On/off for side menu plus NEW accordion menu
- Product Description title replaced with true product titles (optional)
- Featured Product function
- Supports custom fields
English, French, Spanish, Czech, Bulgarian, Dutch, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Romanian, Turkish, German, Russian, Ukrainian, Chinese, Finnish, Slovak, Polish
A big thank you to everyone who has helped with translation so far.
Would you like to help translate the plugin into more languages? It’s very easy – you don’t have to know any code. Please contact Maeve
- Upload the
wp-cataloguefolder to the
- Activate the WP Catalogue plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin by going to the
WP Cataloguetab that appears in your admin menu.
- Add to any page using shortcode
- Can I sell products through this plugin?
No. There are already lots of good eCommerce plugins that you can use to sell things. WP Catalogue is different – it is used for people who want to show a catalogue of products ONLY, not for selling things online.
- I’m getting a 404 error
Please go to Settings > Permalinks and resave your permalink structure.
- How can I customise the design?
You can do some basic presentation adjustments via WP Catalogue > Settings. Beyond this, you can completely customise the design via your theme css. You can use !important attribute to override the plugin css if needed.
- What are the Inner Page Header and Footer fields in Settings for?
In some themes the WP Catalogue does not know which page template to use for inner pages of the catalogue. You can fix this on the Settings screen by manually adding your Inner Template Header and Inner Template Footer. There are several threads in the support forum with specific examples so please run a search. Or check the documentation here.
- My main catalogue page works fine but the inner pages are broken
Please see previous FAQ point.
- The layout is broken
It’s most likely just a matter of tweaking the css. In particular check the width of the right column that holds the catalogue items as this is the most common cause of layout issues. Remember, if you want to make changes to how the catalogue displays you need to do it in your theme css not in the plugin css. You can use the !important attribute to override the plugin css.
- Can I use WP Catalogue in my Language?
Yes, the plugin is internationalized and ready for translation. If you would like to help with a translation please contact me
You can also use it WPML. After installing and activating both plugins, go to WPML > Translation Management > Multilangual Content Setup > scroll all the way down > tick the checkbox ‘custom posts’ and ‘custom taxanomies’ for this post type, set to ‘Translate’.
- Can import/export my catalogue?
Yes. You can import/export catalogue data using the built in WordPress function via Tools. It may not import the images (although it will import the file paths) so you will need to copy across all your catalogue images from your old site to the new site uploads folder via FTP. If images still appear broken or missing then you might need to run a search and replace tool to correct the image filepaths for your new site.
- Where can I get support for this plugin?
If you’ve tried all the obvious stuff and it’s still not working please request support via the forum.
Bought the pro version for a client and was shocked to discover how old fashioned the code on this plugin looks. This is at least 5 years behind coding standards. Did NOT work out of the box and even after debugging it and fixing quite a few bugs, it still does not perform the way it should.
Stylesheets; combine fixed with and percentages in columns that are supposed to float next to each other? That will never work!
I easily uploaded my products but no way to find the catalog page… still looking for ahah
I can only assume the top reviews have a hell of a lot more experience than me with this plugin.
For the life of me I couldn’t get this to look anywhere near the demo.
Going through page after page in the support threads, and trying a stock as a rock WP install only to get utter disappointed and Uninstalled it.
Now with this uninstalled, there’s garbage left behind on both the stock wp install and the working site..
Common! isn’t it suppose to be easier then this?
EDIT# After the Recent Support Experiences I’d give this a zero if I could!
I just upgraded to the Pro version of WP Catalogue because of the great customer service I received from the developer. Great job!
Contributors & Developers
“WP Catalogue” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- uninstall.php issue fixed.
- Added support for larger number of pagination
- Added new function for resizing product images
- Replace template_redirect to template_include
- Replace get_bloginfo() to get_site_url()
- Remove error_reporting(0)
- Marked missing strings for translation
- Turkish translation updated
- posts_per_page issue fixed
- Detail page pagination fixed
- Re-implementing pagination fix
- Bug fix for breadcrumb
- Bug fix for pagination issue
- Bug fix to themefiles/single-wpcproduct.php for scale and crop issue
- Further pagination fix
- Further scale and crop fix
- Fix for thumbnails in IE
- Front-end + back-end sorting feature fix
- Added Iris color picker
- Bug fix – fixed scale and crop function
- Bug fix – fixed module output (now it uses return not echo) so that you can place the catalogue at any position on a page with text either before or after it
- Bug fix/work-around – added fields in settings for Inner Page template header and footer as a work-around for users experiencing theme issues with inner page layout template. See FAQ for more info
- Bug fix – breadcrumb all products link
- Bug fix – broken image on second thumbnail in IE8
- Bug fix – foreach fix for single-wpcproduct.php (thanks pedrolaxe)
- Bug fix – pagination
- New feature – next/previous function with on/off selector
- New feature – product price field (leave blank to disable on any product)
- Fixed bug in index.php still causing problem with breacrumb for some users
- Fixed several minor bugs and updated EOL for subversion
- Fixed a shortcode issue which was effecting the breadcrumb link
- Initial release