This plugin allows you to accept payments using Braintree payment gateway on your WordPress site.
Users can easily pay with credit cards for your products or services using one-click “Buy Now” button.
You can accept credit card payment for products, services or digital downloads using this plugin.
Once you have installed the plugin you need to provide your Braintree merchant details in the settings menu (Settings -> WP Braintree).
- Merchant ID
- Public Key
- Private Key
Now create a new post/page and insert Braintree shortcode for your product. For example:
[wp_braintree_button item_name="Test Product" item_amount="5.00"]
Use the following shortcode to sell a digital item/product using Braintree:
[wp_braintree_button item_name="Test Product" item_amount="5.00" url="example.com/downloads/myproduct.zip"]
The plugin will let the customer download the digital item after a successful payment.
You can customize the buy now button text using the “button_text” parameter in the shortcode. For example:
[wp_braintree_button item_name="Test Product" item_amount="5.00" button_text="Buy This Item"]
For screenshots, detailed documentation, support and updates, please visit: WordPress Braintree plugin page
You need to embed the appropriate shortcode on a post/page to create Braintree Buy Now button.
Instructions for using the shortcodes are available at the following URL:
Accept Braintree Payments Usage Instruction
Upload the plugin to the plugins directory via WordPress Plugin Uploader (Plugins -> Add New -> Upload -> Choose File -> Install Now) and Activate it.
- Can this plugin be used to create Buy Now button for Braintree payment gateway?
- Can I accept Braintree payments using this plugin?
- Can I process credit card payments on my site using this plugin?
Contributors & Developers
“WP Braintree” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Upgraded the Braintree library to the latest version.
- Everything should keep working the way it used to, however you should delete any cache (if you are using caching) to make sure all the new changes are loaded.
- Added better price validation and checking in the plugin.
- Added a new parameter in the shortcode so the Buy Now button text can be customized.
- Added a new feature to accommodate the selling of a digital item via this plugin. You can specify the URL of a digital item in the shortcode using the “url” parameter.
- First commit to the wordpress repository