Allows you to add/edit/attach/un-attach/delete/sort the files attached to your WordPress posts all from the post editor. Integrates seamlessly with WordPress using the default WordPress attachments type, full control over cropping of the different attachment image sizes crop editor and no configuration needed to add WP Better Attachments to custom post types.
- Information on the settings available here
[wpba-attachment-list]Outputs a list of attachments
- Information on the settings available here
wpba_attachments_exist()Checks for post attachments
wpba_get_attachments()Retrieves an array of attachments
wpba_attachment_list()Outputs a list of attachments
View more information on GitHub here
If you have any issues please submit an issue.
wpba_attachments_exist()to check if a post has attachments.
- Added no attachments message for attachment list.
- Fixed wpba_get_attachments() not retrieving post thumbnail images correctly.
- Added settings to disable front end files, post thumbnails globally, and crop editor.
- Fixed compatibility issue with Wysija Newsletter Plugin.
- Fixed other miscellaneous issues and general clean up.
- Fixed activation error
- Added alternate styling of meta box when editor is not activated.
- Fixed attachment list generating extra list items
- Added class and id parameters for each HTML element in the attachment list
- Code cleanup and PHPDoc
- Fixed metabox inputs not selectable in Firefox
- Added granular settings
- Added edit modal, un-attach link and re-attach link to Uploaded To column
- Added ability to edit metabox title
- Fixed crop editor not showing correct image sizes
- Adds survey notification key
- Adds filters for types of files
- Removes Flexslider from compiled CSS
- Miscellaneous tweaks
- Fixes an issue with notifications not able to disable on sub folder installs.
- Added use_caption_for_title to build_attachment_list function/shortcode. Props Mike Warwick.
- Added a second add attachments button to the bottom of meta box. Props Mike Warwick.
- Fixed undefined variable PHP warning.
- Updates the survey notification with thank you message.
Should resolve issues from last update and adds more settings control
Fixed activation error
Fixed attachment list generating extra list items, Added alternate styling of meta box when editor is not activated and class/id parameters for each HTML element in the attachment list function/shortcode.
Added granular settings; edit modal, un-attach link and re-attach link to Uploaded To column, miscellaneous bug fixes
Adds filters for adding file types, removes Flexslider from CSS and miscellaneous tweaks.
Fixes an issue with notifications not able to disable on sub folder installs.
Adds use_caption_for_title option to build_attachment_list, adds “Add Attachments” button to bottom of meta box, and misc. fixes/updates.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to any page/post/custom post type and start editing your attachments with ease.
- Use the add attachments button to add new attachments.
- You can Drag and drop your attachments to arrange their menu order.
- Click the Un-attach link to un-attach the file from your post.
Doesn’t create its own attachment type, just allows to better administrate the existing wordpress attachments, exactly what I wanted, thanks very much !
Plugin is awesome, exactly what I needed for my project
I just want to comment that the documentation could be a little bit better.
This plug in works as expected- Perfectly!
Well, almost perfectly. After uploading a document, one has to put the required shortcode [wpba-attachment-list] in the post edit window in order to display the attachment on the page view.
To work around this and make sure that attachments show up automatically, except when there are none, I put the following code in the ‘content-single.php’ template:
<?php echo do_shortcode('[wpba-attachment-list open_new_window="true" no_attachments_msg=" "]'); ?>
It works perfect.
This plugin does exactly what it says and does it perfectly. Now off to find the donate button 🙂
Contributors & Developers
“WP Better Attachments” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial Release
- Added support for other file types
- Added attachment editor pop-up window to access attachment editor from posts page
- Added Re-attach link to media library
- Added delete link to each attachment in the post editor
- Added file names for no image attachments
- Miscellaneous cleanup
- Added attachment title edit
- Added attachment caption edit
- Added ability to disable post types through settings
- Added ability to disable parts of the meta box through settings
- Fixed issue with settings not being an array
- Fixed Un-attach/Delete links not updating attachment list
- Fixed issue with adding files to a post from the media uploader
- Removed support WordPress version < 3.5
- Fixed updating of title and caption edit
- Added setting to disable thumbnails in attachments list
- General code cleanup
- Added crop editor to media editor
- Misc. cleanup and bug fixes
- Fixed over generic selector for settings navigation
- Attachment list shortcode/function
- Improved inline title caption editor saving
- Misc. style cleanup
- Misc. cleanup