WP Be Right Back is a free lightweight plugin which can add a holding page to your website enabling logged in users to browse the site as normal/make changes, whilst non-logged in users access a holding page. With easy customisation of your holding page and an SEO friendly 503 status option, WP Be Right Back is ideal for all.
- Holding page activation - activate the holding page separate to the plugin to get more control from the plugin
- Specify a return date - Set a return date which will automatically de-activate the holding page when the date passes. If no date is added, the holding page shows until the option is unchecked manually.
- Display return date - You have the option as to whether you’d like to show the return date or not on the holding page.
- SEO friendly 503 status - If you specify a return date, this date will be set in a 503 status in the header of the holding page which Search Engines will read, meaning your website will not be cached whilst your holding page is active.
- Holding page title - You can add your own title to the holding page. This will be used as the main content title and page title.
- Holding page content - In the settings page of the plugin there is a WYSIWYG editor for you to add your own content to the page.
- Holding page background - You have the ability to upload your own image to use for the background of the holding page. If you don’t want to use an image, you can use the simple colour picker to select a solid colour to use for the background.
- Contact details - You can add your email address and/or telephone number to the settings page. If either or both of these details have been entered, they will show on the holding page.
You can learn more about WP Be Right Back and our other free WordPress plugins on our website. You can also track progress and contribute to WP Be Right Back on GitHub.