WP Bands Directory is a plugin that creates custom post types for artists, albums, and songs so that they can be displayed in a directory fashion.
- Upload ‘wp-bands-directory’ folder to the ‘/content/plugins/’ directory or use the ‘Add New’ option under the ‘Plugins’ menu in your WordPress backend and ‘Upload’ ‘wp-bands-directory.zip’.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Configure settings for WP Bands Directory in the WordPress dashboard by clicking on the ‘Bands Directory’ option in your WordPress dashboard.
- Enter the appropriate information into the form fields in the ‘WP Bands Directory URL Rewrites’ section of the ‘WP Bands Directory General Settings’ page.
- Copy the artist/album/song template files to your theme’s directory by clicking on the checkboxes in the ‘WP Bands Directory Template Files’ section of the ‘WP Bands Directory General Settings’ page.
- Create your Artists/Albums/Songs listings by using the appropriate tabs in your WP Dashboard.
- Create a page for your “directory” (page that shows all artists and links to the artist pages) by pasting the [wbd_artists] shortcode into the editor for that page.
Contributors & Developers
“WP Bands Directory” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
March 4, 2013 – 0.1
- Plugin base.
April 15, 2013 – 0.2
- Codebase issues fixed for increased WP support.
April 1, 2014 – 0.3
- Revised custom post type arguments to display up to 100 posts
- Added code to plugin functions file to enable display of shortcodes in widget areas
April 1, 2014 – 0.4
- Revised custom post type arguments to display up to 100 posts in a few places I previously missed
October 15, 2014 – 0.5
- Updated custom post type functions to allow shortcodes