Note: Obsolete since WordPress 4.4
This feature has been added into the core of WordPress 4.4. You can now export your attachments by going to Tools->Export and select ‘Media’ as the export type.
WP Attachment Export allows you to export your media library into a WordPress eXtended RSS or WXR file. You can then use the Tools->Import function in another WordPress installation to import the media library.
Issues / Bug reporting
Found a bug? Please use the issue tracker at https://github.com/thehelvetian/wp-attachment-export/issues
User PhiLho has put together a good summary on how to use the plugin at https://wordpress.org/support/topic/good-but-could-use-more-explanations. Thanks PhiLho!
I used this to export all media XML from one site into a newer version of the site. Worked Beautifully, saving me weeks of work!
I had to import all of my posts from my old blog to a new one. Was dreading the thought of having to import all of the images manually after noticing using WordPress Importer only made the attachment point to the old URL.
Found this plugin and followed the instructions in PhiLHo's comment above and it worked perfectly.
- Fixed readme formatting issues
- Added obsolete notice
- Merged pull request from maavuz. Details at https://github.com/thehelvetian/wp-attachment-export/pull/3
- Shortened menu entry text so it stays on a single line
- Matched title on page to plugin name
- Added link to plugin rating page
- Added link to GitHub repo
- Security bugfix (Arbitrary File Download)
- Thanks to Nitin Venkatesh for reporting the issue!
- Made plugin translatable
- Improvements related to plugin development with Git/Github
- Added ‘Export’ link beside the activate/deactivate links on the Plugins page
- Minor code comments
- Easier installation text
- Bumped tested version
- Added LICENSE
- Initial version