A widget that can be easily set to display date and time of multiple timezones.
The code is then modified to fit widget format.
world-clock-widgetplugin and unzip it.
- Upload the folder
world-clock-widgetto your WP plugin folder
- Go to Plugins > Installed, activate the plugin.
- Go to Appearance > Widgets, add the widget to a sidebar and save.
- Check the Frequently Asked Questions to learn how to add, edit and remove clocks.
- Do you have any screenshot?
Yes, the screenshot is in my personal blog.
- What is Daylight Saving Time?
Daylight saving time is the convention of advancing clocks so that afternoons have more daylight and mornings have less. Click here for more information
- Does world clock widget support Daylight Saving Time?
At the moment world clock widget supports only North America Region, i.e. Alaska, Atlantic time, Central time, Eastern time, Indiana (East), Mexico, Mountain time and Pacific time. More regions will be added in the future.
- Does world clock widget cater the Daylight Saving Time for 2010?
Daylight Saving Time changes on yearly basis, at the moment world clock widget only supports year of 2009. Support for multiple years will be added in the future.
- I go to the world clock widget control, how do I add a new clock?
Cityname (for display purpose, name it whatever you want); Select your
Timezone; (Optional) Tick the
Daylight Saving Time; Click
- How do I remove the existing clock(s)?
Existing Clock, tick
Remove (your_city_name); Click
- How do I edit the existing clock?
Existing Clock, click on the clock that you want to edit; Click
This plugin still works and I’ve found it by far the easiest to use in the last 10 years.
Really easy to use.
Setup is simple and unlike other plugins, the number of clocks you can have is unlimited.
Contributors & Developers
“World Clock Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Major code modification.
- Added a choice of text alignment (left, center or right).
- Added a feature to display the widget horizontally.
- Added option to use server time, instead of client time.
- Added the date.js from http://code.google.com/p/datejs/.
- Added editable widget title.
- Added editable date and time format.
- Fixed the negative minute.
- Edit function fix.
- Added in worldclock.xml.
- Installation directory fix.
- Added in Changelog page.
- Edit function.
- 15, 30, 45 minutes difference support.