WordPressPDF uses zviewer to embed PDF files converted to swfs.
An easy iPaper-like interface for PDF documents, books, magazines.
View live demo on plugin’s homepage.
- Upload the WordPressPDF plugin to your wordpress blog, Activate it.
- Download swftools from http://www.swftools.org
- Use pdf2swf on your pdf-file. Just throw your pdf on pdf2swf.
- Upload swf to your site
- embed swf with wp-pdf-view tag
i.e. [wp-pdf-view swf=”/path/to/filename.swf” width=”500″ height=”400″ /]
- Double interface problem
WordPressPDF currently doesn’t support SWFs created with “embed player” feature of swftools, use ‘raw’ mode instead
- Slow response
- Use image compression when saving PDF (JPEG for images etc.),
- Downsample images when saving PDF.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPressPDF” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Seems WP3 issues are solved, bundled TinyMCE no longer tries to replace WP3’s Tmce.
- feel free to test if this update fixes the_excerpt() problem (often found in categories/archives)
- some js-related bugs fixed, IE6+ should work ok now. Thanks to Cubus – http://www.cubus.be/
- search button fix
- 0.5 update had a pretty nasty bug: zviewer.swf was updated only in source folder, so you could not see any fixes, if you did not copy zviewer from source folde. my bad, i’m sorry
- so, 0.6 brings all the promised features of 0.5 plus extra:
- fixed annoying bug with loading big swf’s (plays all the frames rapidly after loading)
- default best-fit zoom mode.
- default go to top of page on flipping.
- better textbox border-color.
- media upload fixed, thanks to Kev from www.kjktech.com
- p.s. you may need to restart your browser or hit ctrl+f5 to reload scripts
- page numbers display fixed
- post editor buttons fixed
- first version, testing