The WordPress.com Stats Smiley Remover quickly removes the smiley face that WordPress.com Stats (https://wordpress.org/extend/downloads/stats/) places in the footer of your web pages.
The #9786; (smiley face) character is created by WordPress.com Stats when activated which can throw a number of designs off. The WordPress.com Stats Smiley Remover uses W3C compliant CSS code to remove the character from users screens.
This plugin was created by Christopher Ross and is maintained by Meagan Hanes, http://meaganhanes.com https://twitter.com/mhanes/
Updates to the plugin will be documented in the changelog.
If you would like to donate to help support future development of this tool, please contact Meagan Hanes.
There have been no questions, please feel free to ask questions in the https://wordpress.org/ forums.
- added language file support
- added German and French Canadian
- fixed a couple of typo’s
- moved links code within the class structure
- removed menu item under Settings (while maintaining link in Plugins page)
- moved CSS to child directories
- added information page for plugin
- tested for WordPress 4.1
- removed icon file
- made code 4.0.1 ready
- converted to OOP
- used wp_enqueue_scripts() hook for compatibility
- added additional hide CSS
- inline documentation updates
- added switch to control echo vs. return
- minimized code for WP 3.2
- removed common files
- removed footer comment
- wp admin changes
- updated copyright, links, readme
- tested for 3.0.2
- removed welcome message
- removed update routines
- added RSS routines for link
- code optimization
- added donate link to menu
- added instructions link
- removed credit options (hidden comments)
- removed options screen to cut down admin clutter
- replace plugin update routines
- replaced plugin settings dialog
- added settings link to menus
- updated for 3.x compatibility
- added credits options
- Fixed code for pluginUpdate subroutines
- Formating fixes for WP 2.8.0
- Compatibility fixes for WP 2.8.0
Official release as a full, stable plugin.
- Happy Birthday to me
- Fixed a link in the readme.txt file
- Added the change log