WordPress Web Service (WPWS) is used to access WordPress resources via WSDL and SOAP.
It allows you to connect WSDL enabled software like Adobe Flex / Flash Builder,
Microsoft Visual Studio, PHP, J2EE, etc. to WordPress resources like posts
WPWS gives you also the opportunity to program alternative (graphical) interfaces
for your WordPress installation.
Furthermore alternative interpretations of WordPress resources are possible.
For example you can interpret a post/page as a gallery; a datatype consisting of
all included images with the corresponding attributes.
After installation simply open http://yoursite.com/blog/index.php/wpws to test your plugin.
That is to add “/wpws” to the index.php part in your WordPress’ url.
For more information visit:
WordPress Web Service
Developers willing to help development on WPWS are greatly welcomed.
- [FEATURE] You may now also query for categories (patch provided by Arman Safikhani – email@example.com)
- [FIX] The integrated online SOAP client is replaced by http://wsdlbrowser.com
- [FIX] Resolved Bug 16 (“strlen() expects parameter 1 to be string”)
- [BUG] getImages & getGalleries seem to be broken
- Resolves potential security vulnerabilities in resize-image.php
- Resolves potential security vulnerabilities in the web service (wpws-soap.php)
- Change of namespace from *.wpws.bkahlert.com to *.wpws.develop.bkahlert.com
- Issues with pages/posts that contain html entities and are processed by getGallery/getImages resolved
- Issue with some WordPress installation that couldn’t retrieve any SOAP response resolved (changed SOAP address from …/index.php/wpws to …/index.php?/wpws
- Incompatibility with Flash Builder resolved
- Compatibility with WordPress 3.x
- A writeable cache directory is no more needed in order to dynamically resize images and to return the correct content length to the caller.
resizeableUrlattribute of the
Imagedatatype contains now 3 placeholders, namely
Imagetype now contains the property
getImagesnow allows to return not only images of one resource but also of all child resources
maxResizeableHeightadded to Image type
- Minor bugs removed
- Improved instructions on http://yoursite.com/blog/index.php/wpws
- Cleaner directory structure
- Improved WSDL1.1 compability
- WSDL file size optimization
- Initial version