WordPress Twitter plugin adds a beautiful Tweets widget to your wordpress blog.You can show your twitter timeline or your friends’ timeline or even display tweets on a particular keyword!!! The widget comes in three different themes – blue, green and red.
* Show tweets from your twitter timeline. * Show tweets from your twitter friends' timeline. * Show tweets on any keyword.
[Mauro Rocco] [http://ptwix.toforge.com/] – The plugin is based on his Ptwix, thanks to him.
- Download the plguin zip file and upload it via “Plugins” –> “Add New” –> “Upload” in wordpress. Alternatively, you choose to search for the term “WordPress Twitter” and install it directly from wordpress.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Visit your “WordPress Twitter” settings (Options -> WordPress Twitter) for WordPress 2.3.x, (Settings -> WordPress Twitter) for WordPress 2.5.x, 2.6.x, 2.7.x, 2.8.x and configure the width, height, timeline and theme for your tweets widget.
- Go to Widgets and add the “WordPress Twitter” widget to your sidebar.
- Alternatively, you can also directly add the following code to wherever you want to display the widget.
That’s all folks!
If you have to upgrade manually simply repeat the installation steps.
Please read these FAQs before requesting
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Twitter” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- A minor change since the previous version.
1.2 & 1.3
- Change since the previous version for a directory error.
- Made compatible with older versions of PHP
- Added option to show or hide “Follow me on twitter” link
- Added option to to specify the number of tweets to be displayed
- Fixed other bugs
- Compatible with WordPress 2.8.5