Release Date: June 11th, 2015
Release Date: June 10th, 2015
- Contains several accessibility improvements, including 'for' attributes for labels and several links to explanatory articles.
- Adds support for creating partial sitemaps with WP CLI, props Lars Schenk.
- Add Google's mobile friendly test to the SEO toolbar, props Brandon Hubbard.
- Makes sure slugs are not being stripped if the remaining slug is less than 3 characters, props andyexeter.
- Shows an activation error when dependencies were not installed properly with composer.
- Added a filter to allow the RSS footer to be dynamically shown/hidden, props Hugh Lashbrooke.
- Added many translator comments to help translators more easily get the context.
- Made sure Open Graph article tags are added separately, following up on the Open Graph specification.
- Adds recommended image sizes per Social network in the social tab of the SEO metabox.
- Removes the tracking functionality.
- Shows a dismissible notice with a link to the about page that is shown after every update. The user is no longer being redirected and only has to dismiss the notice once for all sites (in case of multisite).
- Adds a link to the about page to the general tab of the settings dashboard.
- Makes the tour dismissible on user level.
- Adds Twitter profile to JSON LD output.
- Twitter profile input field now also accepts full url and automatically strips it down to just the username.
- Only adds the JSON LD output to the frontpage, since it's not needed on other pages.
- Makes all WordPress SEO by Yoast notices dismissible.
- Fixes a bug where the widgets were removed from every XML file. This is now only the case for the sitemaps.
- Fixes a bug where validation errors were shown for the wrong variables in the titles and metas settings.
- Fixes a bug where the SEO toolbar was broken.
- Fixes a few typo's, props Gary Jones.
- Fixes a bug where links in tooltips were not impossible to click.
- Fixes a broken link to the permalinks section of the advanced settings, props Michael Nordmeyer.
- Fixes settings import on multisite.
- Fixes a bug where the sitemap could contain datetimes in the wrong timezone.
- Fixes a bug where the wrong Facebook user ID was added to the fb:admins meta tag. Adding FB admin user id is now a manual process.
- Fixed Open Graph and Twitter cards on static posts pages
- Fixes a bug where sitemap cache was not always cleared after saving the WordPress SEO by Yoast settings.
- Fixes a possible XSS vulnerability in the snippet preview. Thanks Charles Neill and Mazen Gamal for discovering and responsibly disclosing this issue.
Release Date: April 21st, 2015
- Fixes a bug where the JSON+LD output was outputted twice when company or person info wasn't set.
- Fixes a compatibility issue with Video SEO and WooCommerce SEO add-ons causing WSOD on the frontend for video's and WooCommerce products.
- Fixes a compatibility issue with BBPress caused by hooking
current_user_can too early.
Release Date: April 20th, 2015
- Makes sure Twitter cards are by default enabled since they don't need to be validated anymore by Twitter.
- Removes the Twitter url meta tag, since Twitter no longer uses it.
- Shows a validation error when a user selects a featured image for a post that is smaller than 200x200 pixels.
- Shows a validation error when a user tries to use shortcodes in the titles and meta's settings page that are incompatible with the type of content those titles and meta's are associated with.
- Makes sure no taxonomy metadata is lost with the upcoming 4.2 version of WordPress.
- Upgraded to Facebook Graph API 3.0 for fetching Facebook user ID's straight from Facebook.
- Made the plugin conflict notices more user friendly, explaining better which piece of functionality might be impacted, offering a link to the corresponding settings and a button to deactivate the conflicting plugin.
- Fixes a bug where the sitemaps were no longer being served from WP transient cache.
- Fixes a bug where breadcrumbs weren't nested properly.
- Fixes a possible "headers already sent" error in the sitemaps.
- Fixes a notice for the homepage URL in post type sitemaps.
- Fixes an "undefined index" notice on the sitemaps.
- Fixes an "undefined index" notice in the breadcrumbs.
- Fixes a bug where translations were not loaded when used as MU-plugin.
- Fixes a JS error that was raised when editing post-types without a TinyMCE editor.
Release Date: April 1st, 2015
- Fixes an issue where (in rare cases) people upgrading to 2.0 got stuck in a redirect loop on their admin.
- Fixes a broken link in the Dutch translation, causing the Pinterest tab on the Social settings page to overflow into the Google+ tab.
- Fixes a small typo on the about page.
Release Date: March 26th, 2015
- Simplified and revised Admin menu's:
- Moved all advanced functionality to one "Advanced" submenu page.
- Moved the bulk editor, the export functionality and the file editor to one "Tools" submenu page.
- Improved consistency and usability of settings pages by having them use exactly the same, tab-based, styling.
- Made it easy to output structured data for social profiles, person and company profiles, for use in Google Knowledge Graph.
- Makes sure the user is redirected to the last active settings tab after saving.
- Fixes a bug where custom field variables were no longer working in the snippet preview.
- Fixes a bug where the $post global was emptied by our Frontend class, causing conflicts with other plugins.
- Fixes a bug where variables weren't replaced in the og:description meta tag.
- Fixes a bug where the breadcrumbs caused an undefined variable notice.
Under the hood:
- Contains an incredible amount of code style improvements, making the code cleaner and more readable.
- Makes sure every function in the plugin is documented using PHPDoc by having it checked automatically by the Codesniffer.
- Refactored a lot of legacy code in the admin, mainly with regard to the way output is rendered. Provides for a better separation of concerns, making the code more comprehensible and re-usable.
- Deprecated a large amount of form methods and moved them to the
Yoast_Form class. Click here for the list of deprecated methods.
- Deprecated a large amount of utility functions and moved them to the
WPSEO_Utils class. Click here for the list of deprecated functions.
Release Date: March 11th, 2015
- Security fix: fixed possible CSRF and blind SQL injection vulnerabilities in bulk editor. Added strict sanitation to order_by and order params. Added extra nonce checks on requests sending additional parameters. Minimal capability needed to access the bulk editor is now Editor. Thanks Ryan Dewhurst from WPScan for discovering and responsibly disclosing this issue.
Release Date: February 23rd, 2015
- Repair missing dependencies...
Release Date: February 23rd, 2015
- Fixes a bug where the rel="next" and rel="prev" links were broken for all taxonomies.
- Removes an obsolete quote from the html for the seo metabox.
Release Date: February 19th, 2015
- Fixes a bug where the keyword analysis was broken.
- Fixes a bug where our plugin raised a fatal error in the wpseo_admin bar when the $wpseo_front global was used.
Release Date: February 17th, 2015
- Fixes a bug where the translations were corrupted due to an issue with out glotpress grunt task.
Release Date: February 17th, 2015
- Contains lots of performance optimizations, including removal of unnecessary inclusion and defined checks for every classfile, refactoring of frontend logic, cutting unnecessary inheritance chains et. al.
- Adds Twitter gallery cards.
- Adds Twitter cards for non singular pages (including Homepage).
- Allows archive titles & meta to be set on non public post types that do have a public archive, props xeeeveee.
- Huge performance gain for
enrich_defaults(), props Koen Van den Wijngaert.
- Nextscripts removed from the OG conflict list.
- Added full Composer support, switched to Composer for dependency management and autoloading.
- Fixes a bug where new posts weren't always added to the post sitemap properly in case of multiple sitemaps.
- Fixes a grammatical error in the tutorial.
- Fixes a bug where %%currentyear%% shortcode wasn't parsed well in the meta description.
- Fixes an undefined index notice in the opengraph functionality.
- Fixes a bug where variable placeholders were not always assigned the correct value, props Andy Sozot for reporting and Juliette for fixing.
- Fixes a bug with SEO score on servers using international number formats.
- Fixes broken backward compatibility / snippet preview, props Juliette.
- Fixes a bug where the %%page%% shortcode wasn't properly rendered in the titles and meta's.
- Fixes a bug where custom replacement variables where not properly rendered when using them in multiple fields.
- Fixes at least a large part of the keyword density 0% issues.
- Corrected price on WooCommerce SEO banner.
- Adds Twitter inputs to the Social tab.
- Tries to purge Facebook cache when OpenGraph settings are edited.
- Added a new box promoting our translation site for non en_US users.
- Added several new tools (Pinterest Rich Pins, HTML Validation, CSS Validation, Google PageSpeed), props bhubbard
- Functionality change: when there's a featured image, output only that for both Twitter and FB, ignore other images in post.
- UX change: rework logic for showing networks on Social tab, social network no longer shows on social tabs if not enabled in admin.
- Always output a specific Twitter title and description, as otherwise we can't overwrite them from metabox.
- Check for conflicts with other plugins doing XML sitemaps or OpenGraph.
- Qtip library replaced with Qtip2.
- Merged several similar translation strings, props @ramiy
- Several RTL improvements, props @ramiy
- Several Typo fixes, props @ramiy
- Updated Open Site Explorer Link, props bhubbard
- Updated all links to use // instead of https:// and http://, props bhubbard
- When importing from AIOSEO, on finding GA settings, advertise Yoast GA plugin.
- Makes sure stopwords are only removed from slug on publication.
- Updated translations.
- Fixes a bug where the wrong image was being displayed in twitter cards.
- Fixes a bug where facebook would display the wrong image.
- Fixes a bug where last modified in sitemap was broken.
- Fixes a bug wher SEO-score heading made the table row jump on hover because there wasn't enough place left for the down arrow.
- Removed a couple of languages that were not up to date.
For the changelog of earlier versions, please refer to the separate changelog.txt file.