Setting up cache plugins for working with WordPress Mobile Pack
If your site uses a cache plugin, please note that a series of issues can occur if that plugin wasn't configured to work with WordPress Mobile Pack. Some examples are:
- Loading the mobile web application on desktop browsers
- Loading the desktop theme on a supported mobile device (even though the WordPress Mobile Pack plugin is active)
- Inconsistent switching between the desktop and the WordPress Mobile Pack theme
If you find yourself in one of these situation, please read the docs and make the appropiate settings on your cache plugin.
Our roadmap currently includes:
- Integrating with Disqus
- RTL support
- Localization. Please contact us if you can help by translating the mobile web application's text into your language.
- Integrating with the most popular forms plugins
Known issues and limitations for v2.1
- V2.1 of the mobile web app doesn't include support for forms. We are looking for a way to recreate forms inside the mobile web application and integrate with various plugins.
- Iframes are not currently supported because of scrolling issues on iPhone.
- The mobile web app doesn't include user authentication. If your blog settings enable comments only for logged in users, they will be disabled in the mobile web app.
- For now, supported mobile browsers include Safari, Google Chrome, Android's native browser, Internet Explorer 10 and Firefox (as of 2.0.2). Support for other mobile browsers such as Opera will be added in the following versions.
- Only featured images from your blog posts are displayed as thumbnails in the list of posts. Images integrated in a post's content are displayed only on the details page for that post.
We currently have two Github development repositories: