This plugin will give you the ability to use the
meta description for any post or page. From now you are able to control the description of your site which will be displayed on the search engine results pages.
By activation the plugin enables the excerpt for static edit pages in admin area.
Before installing or upgrading new plugins, please backup your database first!
There are several ways to install a plugin in WordPress. For newbies this way is highly recommended:
- Navigate to ‘Add New’ under ‘Plugins’ menu in admin area
- Upload or choose
wp-meta-description.zipfrom ‘Install Plugins’
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
For correct working make sure that your site visibility isn’t blocked. You can find this option under ‘Privacy’ in ‘Settings’ menu. Prevent to intall more than one plugin for the same task. Prevent double entries in the header and values which are in conflict to each other.
- Do I have to add any code in the template?
No, the plugin will automatically add the
meta description tagin the header.
- How I can be sure that the plugin works properly?
Go to the frontend of your page and check the source code.
- Will this plugin works together with other SEO plugins?
Yes, for sure. But check your code for double entries.
- Where I can find it after activation in the admin area?
The only visual change is the adding of the excerpt for pages.
Just right. Should be baked into WordPress.
I second what Michael says. Looking forward to updates.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Meta Description” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- function for cutting string changed
- code cleanup and changes in readme.txt
- adding function for cutting string
- strip_tags for preventing display problems
- post_type_support instead of add_meta_box
- No output if the excerpt is empty
- Basic functionality