This plugin was created to allow any page to be viewable from the WordPress/MU Admin Panels. You can use it to view a page before you submit it or to just look at anything on your blog. The beauty of it, is that because it uses iframes you can have it show you anything on any domain! For example, I use it to keep track of my forums while I am writing a post/page and to see if I need to add anything based on the current discussions.
Those of you who use my New bbPress Admin plugin might notice a few similarities between the plugins. The truth is that the functionality of the two is so similar, that the codebase is also 99.9% the same. The only differences are in the variables (so that both can be uses simultaenously with no problems) and some of the text, so that you can tell the difference between the two of them. There is no ill effect if both are used at the same time. Options entered in one will be kept separate from the other.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- View WordPress Live Preview in “Tools/WordPress Live Preview”
- Does this require a live website?
Yes, it does. If your page can’t be directly accessed on the web, then WordPress Live Preview will not be able to either. This makes it completely useless while in management mode.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Live Preview” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Update to confirm compatiblity with WordPress 3.3
- Clean up variable usage to allow it to coexist with WP/MU Favicon
- Update to confirm latest WordPress compatibility
- Updated PHP code to eliminate deprecated API’s
- Cleaned an errant string
- Fixed readme.txt Problem
- First Version of WordPress Live Preview.
- Working with WP/WPMU 2.8.x