Enables gzip-compression if the visitor’s browser can handle it. This will speed up your WordPress website drastically and reduces bandwidth usage as well. Uses the PHP ob_gzhandler() callback.
Installing this plugin is quick and easy:
- Download the WordPress Gzip Compression plugin.
- Extract the ZIP archive on your computer to get the
- Upload the
ezgzfolder to your
- Activate the plugin on your ‘Plugins’ page in the WordPress dashboard.
- Will it speed up my WordPress website?
Yes, absolutely. The gzip handler compresses output before it is sent to the user’s browser so the user downloads less data and the browser then processes the compressed data.
- What type of compression does it use?
It uses the PHP ob_gzhandler() callback to compress output.
Stop my website working and found error 500, i think all good comments are fake and updated by author side.
This plugin made my site into strange symbols. Caution.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Gzip Compression” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial release of the WordPress Gzip Compression plugin