Want a Facebook “Like” button for your WordPress blog? It’s super simple. Todd Williams coded up a nifty lightweight “Facebook Like” WordPress plugin that you can use for your WordPress site! It was officially released on the GunnJerkens blog.
Simple. Lightweight. Awesome (and every time someone clicks “like” that activity will show up in their Facebook stream and bring traffic back to your blog.
- Download the plugin
- Unzip the file and place the Facebook Like plugin folder in your WP-Content -> Plugins Folder
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Plugins -> Installed
- Activate the plugin
- (optional) Go to The Facebook-Like options panel, configure the settings
- (optional) Click save.
- How do you adjust the settings
After activating the plugin a new menu item will be added under Settings labeled ‘Facebook-Like’
- Why is there so much whitespace under the like button
Facebook reserves space so that it can show faces of other people who liked the content as well. If you disable show faces in the settings it will get rid of that space.
Contributors & Developers
“wordpress-facebook-like” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
class=”wordpress_facebook_like” added to the iframe so you can position it better in wordpress
This is the first version of the plugin that has been checked into the official WordPress SVN.