Add jQuery count-down/count-up timers to your blog sidebar easily. Supports color customizations & multiple instances. Just drag’n drop. No coding required!
Documentation & Simple Tutorials to Get You Started:
- Countdown Widget Help
- Countdown Shortcode Usage
- Customizing Countdown Widget Using CSS
- Creating a Halloween Countdown on your sidebar
- Search metinsaylan.com for countdown
If you like this plugin, please donate.
- Download the widget and upload it to your server through
WP Admin -> Plugins -> Add New -> Upload
- After the upload is complete activate the plugin.
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets page, drag and drop the widget to your sidebar.
- Fill in the blanks as needed, and done!
You can ask your questions here
Apparently, there’s no way to remove the “get this” link…
I wanted to add a countdown to my website. Unbeknownst to me, literally all the plugins out there are terrible except for this one. It does not have a terrible looking background, you are not required to have an extra logo on top, you can add it to a widget and the days, hours, etc are translated. Overall it’s a sleek and simple plugin, without the extra BS that the other ones have.
If you want a countdown, get this one.
P.s. dseim’s claim that this plugin asks for your personal data is completely false. This plugin does not require you to log into anything
This seems nice at first. I went thru the entire process to setup a simple countdown. Then to implement it it demands that you sign in by using your social media or email. This is unacceptable. There is no good reason they need personal info for something like this.
Did I mention if you want the premium version without a logo to have to buy subscription. Are these people serious? I would happily give a few bucks for a good plugin. But they want money every month and that cost increases based on how many visitors you get working it’s way up to $40/MONTH. Are you kidding me.
Very bait and switch as you go thru the whole setup of your timer before it it required you to login. That was it for me.
I tried a bunch of other free countdown plugins and none was good… NONE.
This one works fine on my bilingual website. It takes my theme’s design so it integrates perfectly.
Thanks for the great work.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Countdown Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed wp_doing_ajax problem for WP versions prior 4.7
- Fixed admin print styles error.
- Fixed admin header error on ajax functions.
- Added Croatian translation. Kudos for Renato Barisic.
- Added datetime picker.
- Added format string validation.
- Fixed event title link problem.
- Optimized validation checks.
- Tested upto WP 4.4.2
- Fixed quotes in event title
- Fixed language errors. Kudos for Carlos Hix.
- Tested: upto WP 4.0
- Fixed: Localization didn’t work because of a php error. And the credit goes to Frank P. Walentynowicz. Chineese still won’t work. Need some help from a chineese developer.
- Fixed: Plugin path issue. It didn’t work if moved to another directory.
- Fixed: Direction option label on widget fixed.
- Fixed: I forgot an echo for testing radius. Fixed it now.
- Changed: Background and Colors now support rgb and rgba values. Hex colors should include
#infront of them.
- Added: Support for Counting up.
- Added: Border radius support.
- Added: Styling support for shortcode added countdown widgets.
- Hotfix: Hotfix for shortcode defaults.
- Added: Timezone support.
- Added: Widget preview.
- Added: When you add a widget it defaults to 1 hour later from now.
- Fixed: Background color issue with the latest version.
- Added: Shortcode support. Read more on countdown shortcode usage
- Changed default format string. See formatting help for more details.
- Removed border around the countdown.
- Background will be transparent if you leave it blank.
- Added format option.
- Added auto localisation for the countdown.
- Added hour/minutes/seconds options to the widget.
- Fixed script path for the widget now.
- First release.