This plugin will allow you to add code snippets to your pages/posts. This is great for code tutorial sites.
If you are upgrading from version 1.0, you will see an option on the Code Library page that will allow you to upgrade. As a precautionary measure, be sure to back up your database before doing so.
Download the plugin, extract and upload it to your plugins folder on your server.
Activate the plugin.
Access the Code Library section.
Create a new snippet and save.
Return to the Code Library and select the “Code” link.
Copy the code.
Add or edit a page or post and paste the code into the HTML of the page/post where you want it to display.
Publish or Save the page/post.
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Code Snippet” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Major overhaul of version 1.0.
- Moved code to a reusable code library so that it is no longer limited to one page/post.
- Snippets can now be placed anywhere in the post/page’s content.
- More than one snippet can be added to a page/post.
- One click upgrade feature to upgrade from version 1.
- Updated option credit link as an option and not the default.
- Some users have reported that their snippets are escaped with a slash. Added stripslashes to outputted snippets.