About this Plugin
A wordpress plugin to automatically share posts via twitter and facebook with a
CommentGrabber to grab all comments posted on a facebook post which is connected
with a blog post. The Comment Grabber requires wp-cron to run as a real cronjob
to work properly. See “Getting Started”
to get more information.
I want to thank all my colleageus at Checkdomain who
supported me to create this WordPress-Plugin
Any feedback, comments or improvements are welcome. Feel free to contact me at
If you have found any bugs or want to support this project with your bugfixes feel
free to fork this project and do a pull request. I will then review your changes
and merge them.
As soon as Google releases their API for Google+ I will implement a possibility
to share posts to Google+ as well.
If you have any whishes for more social networks/platforms to be included feel
free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information for Theme Designers
If you want to support this plugin in your theme and give facebook comments a
special appeareance you can check with something like this, if the current
comment is a facebook comment:
<?php if ($comment->comment_type == 'facebook'): ?>
This is the plugin changelog from the beginning with version 0.1.1
Would like to hear your thoughts about my plans developing this plugin further.
Feel free to contact me and discuss any features with me.
- PLANNED: Create a widget to show every facebook like for your shared post like
other twitter widgets do. Maybe a twitter widget too, so that you don’t
need to install another plugin.
- PLANNED: WordPress Comment Postback to Facebook. Users can request an access
token in their user profile, so that if they answer with a comment to
a post this comment is automatically posted to the shared facebook post.
- ADDED: An option to read more pages with the comment grabber.
- FIX: Login issue with facebook
- ADDED: Default messages for facebook and twitter. If auto sharing is enabled in
a wordpress post the plugin will look for default messages. If they are
set the post will be shared.
- ADDED: Support for different posting types on facebook.com. You can now choose
between ‘status’, ‘link’, ‘photo’. Currently unsure if ‘video’ will also
be supported in the near future.
- ADDED: Posting type can be set in options as default but can be changed in
every article you create.
- ADDED: Options to choose from different picture types and sizes to share.
- ADDED: Comments from shared photos will be grabbed as well.
- ADDED: Option to create a new album with every shared picture. Be carefull with
this option because I don’t know what facebook will do if you create many
albums. This is an option to prevent facebook cumulating your pictures.
- FIX: Icons in post will only show up, if post was really shared on this social
network. Before both icons were shown if the post was shared on any network.
- ADDED: German language files
- ADDED: Option to specify what type of message to share to facebook (link/status message)
- FIX: When a Blogpost is created and directly published no messages were shared
to social networks.
- Initial Release of this plugin