Quickly increase your readers’ engagement with your posts by adding Related Posts in the footer of your content. Automatically added Related Posts can increase your internal traffic up to 10%. Just install and activate. To attract attention and improve SEO, link out to Related Posts across the web from your compose screen. Search for posts and hand-pick them with ease. Recommendations are provided by Sovrn’s world-class semantic service. Plugin supports different styles, thumbnails, is fully customizable and includes caching for improved performance.
After installation, go to Settings -> Related Posts in your plugins list and Turn on Advanced Features!
Share the Link Love
Terms of service
- Go to Plugins -> Add New
- Search for WordPress Related Posts
- Install the plugin called “WordPress Related Posts” and activate it
- After activation click Turn on to get advanced features
- If you use any caching plugin please clear the cache
- Download the plugin .zip file
- Log in to yourdomain.com/wp-admin
- Click Plugins -> Add New -> Upload
- After installation activate the plugin and check advanced features
- If you use any caching plugin please clear the cache
- You’re finished!
- What does this plugin do?
It places a list of links with thumbnails at the bottom of your posts. It increases page views and engages readers to stay on your site longer and discover more of your content. It also recommends related posts from across the web and in turn promotes your posts to other users. In this way you get new unique visitors to your site and improve SEO.
- Why should I use this plugin and not any other?
WordPress Related Posts is constantly improved to bring you the highest rates of audience engagement with your content. Our highest Click-Through rates speak for themselves.
- Are there any settings? Plenty!
- responsive themes
- thumbnail size, style
- number of posts
- display post excerpt, publish date, number of comments
- categories to exclude
- set default image
- Does it support mobile themes?
Yes, related posts are responsive so they adapt to the screen size to ensure maximum click-through rates.
- Can I customize the widget?
Yes, Sovrn is offered in different themes which you can also customize with simple CSS.
- Will Sovrn steal my “link-juice”?
No, Sovrn does not use redirects and is juice friendly. 🙂
You can choose the related post. Several themes to select. Wonderful plugin.
All CSS marked as !important – poor as hell 🙁
Buena opción de elegir los relacionados manualmente
I really don’t know why it is so hard put in description the fact that this plugin is not supporting custom post types.
I have used this plugin for a while but today I noticed that the whole site has been broken for a while because of this plugin.
The only thing visible on my site was this:
If you have any questions please contact us at support.
WordPress Related Posts by Sovrn
Amazing new feature – Upload your history of posts
You can now upload your content! This means you will be reaching out to even more people that write about similar topics – not only new but also old posts will now be suggested in related articles section, to you and to other bloggers.
And links to Sovrn
It was also impossible to log in to WordPress.
I found this post that said the only solution is to erase the plugin via FTP https://wordpress.org/support/topic/wordpress-related-posts-sovrn-plugin-has-taken-over-my-site/
Did so and saved my site.
From what I understand, this happened 2 weeks ago. This means the author had time to fix it.
Very sad. Will not use a plugin from this author again.
Nice and Good Plugin
Contributors & Developers
“WordPress Related Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- String change
- Removed a deprecated feature for which some users reported performance issues
- Support for category names in related posts
- Fixed bug that prevented image download from posts
- Pinterest theme fixes
- Fixed missing featured image
- Fixed missing thumbnail for selected related articles
- Article upload support
- Fixed non-object bug
- Fixed the index database error after activation
- Related posts query optimization
- Fixed excerpt bug
- The subscription API forwards blog URLs
- Responsive themes bugfix
- Removed statistics
- Updated HTTPS urls
- Changed registration process
- Responsive themes bug fix
- Better related post summary shortening
- Custom CSS bugfix
- Custom default thumbnail bugfix
- Fixed theme bug
- Fixed link to Terms of Service
- Added support for HTTPS dashboard
- More organized settings
- Option to subscribe to email newsletter
- Moved all links to plugin settings under Settings
- Improved compatibility with Editorial Assistant
- Fixed Zemanta Readside plugins incompatibility
- Uninstallation added
- Fixed migration bugs
- Changed default thumbnail title to image file name
- Bug fixes for thumbnailer
- Fixed compatibility issues with Open Graph plugins
- Added setting for admins to restrict the ability to edit automatically added Related posts to admins only
- Getting ready to reorganize settings page
- Fixed compatibility issues with Zemanta Editorial Assistant
- Fixed transparency for images on settings page
- Bug fixes for “Edit related posts” feature
- Changed URL for static content
- Added settings to fix custom size thumbnails issues (re-generating thumbnails might take a few minutes)
- Related content (articles) on compose screen for all users with English WordPress interface
- Language detection for WordPressP interface: non-English users don’t get the widget, existing ones get opt-out
- Opt-out for Related recommendations (articles)
- Improved caching
- Themes are now included with the plugin to simplify loading and customization
- New thumbnailer
- Edit Related Posts gets a visual upgrade, search functionality and a dose of awesome
- Removed AB testing on mobile infinite stream
- Bugfix in tag generator
- Improved thumbnailer
- Due to popular demand, “Edit related posts” is back in action. Send us more feedback to email@example.com. Thanks!
- Fix for Cross-Site Request Forgery vulnerability. Credits for finding and reporting the vulnerability go to Charlie Eriksen via Secunia SVCRP.
- Fixed post excerpt bug
- Link back to Zemanta is off by default
- Removed “edit related posts” functionality (already edited posts won’t revert back)
- Improved editorial control
- Changed plugin content filter priority from 101 to 10
- Improved AB testing on mobile infinite stream
- Mobile themes settings
- Editorial control
- New Pinterest inspired theme
- Support us by displaying our logo (opt-in)
- Small output html layout change
- Limit related post age
- Bugfix for thumbnail extraction
- Earn money by displaying promoted content
- Updated theme settings with one new theme
- Option to enable related posts in article text
- Support for blogging network
- qTranslate support
- Christmas Surprise
- Ho ho ho
- Exlude attachments
- Use WP_Image_Editor on WP 3.5
- Extract thumbnails from post content
- Statistics for mobile devices
- Exclude pages from related posts
- Fixed bug for post_types with no tags
- Fixed bug for short_open_tag=Off
- New recommendation engine
- Statistics in dashboard
- Exclude categories makes sense
- Improved thumbnail handling
- Settings cleanup
- Traffic exchange and revenue share options (beta)
- Removed scroll up related posts experiment
- Settings page update
- Scroll up related posts experiment
- Opt-in remote assets
- Help promote our plugin option added
- Pageview statistics in settings
- Custom CSS
- Improved thumbnail support
- Optimized random posts generation
- Drop support for WordPress 2.x
- Code cleanup
- First two CSS themes added to Settings. More designs to come.
- WordPress featured images are now used for related post thumbnails
- Bugfix: Filter HTML and WP tags from post excerpts
- Sane defaults
- Compatible with WordPress 3.0
- fix don’t display in Feed problem
- Post Excerpt
- first version