Wordibbit – Add Two-legged click-to-call functionality. Your end user submits their phone number and connects to your configured phone number.
Wordibbit the first Click-to-call WordPress plugin that is freely available and enables you to add a click to call widget to your website. Wordibit enables you to configure WordPress to use the Ribbit platform to start converting web-based traffic into direct telephone communications between an end-user and provider. Wordibbit is also the first WordPress telephony plugin and aims to grow on the demands of WordPress community.
Wordibbit itself is free, however the Ribbit platform charges US domestic calls at a rate of $0.03 a minute. In addition to this Wordibbit uses something know as a two legged call whereby two publicly switched telephone network numbers are linked together, because of this calls are charged at $0.06 a minute ($0.03 a minute for the source number and $0.03 a minute for the destination). If you talk less than 30 minutes a day using Wordibbit the Ribbit platform will only cost you less than $54.00 a month, nominal fee for connecting directly with your customers.
Wordibbit is developed by Robert J. Lowe, please consider donating.
A few notes about Ribbit:
- Ribbit is free to signup
- Two-legged calls require that you sign up with a credit card
- Two-legged calls are charged at $0.06 cents a minute
- You’ll need to start a app to get your API keys
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Sign up for Ribbit.com if you haven’t and claim your free $25.00 credit.
- Start/create an app, copy the API information to the plugin
- Put your phone number or client’s contact number in the plugin configuration
- Ensure the plugin is enabled
- In the WordPress Admin, go to widgets
- Add the “Wordibbit Widget” to your active widgets
- Go to your site and try it out
None, yet. Please send them to email@example.com
Contributors & Developers
“Wordibbit” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Release version