“WooCommerce Email Validation” is an extension for WooCommerce that adds a ‘confirm email address’ field to the checkout page as a required field. This will ensure that your customers will enter a correct email address, making managing your orders far easier and more reliable. If a customer’s email address does not match up then they will receive a standard validation error on the checkout page informing them that they need to make sure that their email addresses are the same.
This extension is WooCommerce 2.x compatible and supports localisation using WPML. It has built-in translations for English, German, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Japanese, Polish, Brazilian Portuguese, Hungarian and Serbian.
Want to contribute? Fork the GitHub repository.
Simply upload the plugin and you’re good to go. There are no options to configure – the extension just works.
- How do I reorder the checkout fields?
This plugin adds the email confirmation to the checkout fields right after the existing ‘Email Address’ field. If you would like to rearrange the checkout fields, then you are able to do so very easily by using the snippet provided here. The label/ID of the email confirmation field is
- This plugin doesn’t work with the Checkout Field Editor extension – what gives?
If you are using Checkout Field Editor then you need to manually specify the second email address field in that extension’s settings in order for the field to be displayed. The field ID that you must specify is
Does the job in an instance.
No frills, does as needed. Real-time validation would be nice but maybe not worth the overhead. Should really be core.
- [UPDATE] Moving ‘Confirm Email Address’ field to the correct location on the checkout form
- [UPDATE] Modifying text domain to match plugin slug (required for centralised localisation)
- [TWEAK] Changing filter on which new field is added to make things more streamlined
- [UPDATE] Adding Serbian translation (translation provided by Nebojsa Dolas)
- [UPDATE] Adding Hungarian translation (translation provided by Kornel Schwarcz)
- [FIX] Adding WooCommerce 2.3.x compatibility
- [UPDATE] Adding Brazilian Portuguese translation (translation provided by Samuel Costa)
- [UPDATE] Adding Polish translation (translation provided by Michał Dybczak)
- [UPDATE] Adding ‘woocommerce_confirm_email_field_class’ filter so field class can be changed dynamically
- [UPDATE] Adding Japanese translation (translation provided by Mako Kobayashi)
- [FIX] Adding billing email address as default field value for WooCommerce 2.2+
- [UPDATE] Adding Swedish translation (translation provided by Mari Lindström)
- [UPDATE] Adding Dutch translation (translation provided by Bryan Touw)
- [UPDATE] Adding Spanish translation (translation provided by Marcelo Pedra)
- [UPDATE] Adding German translation (translation provided by Dietmar Hohn)
- [FIX] Fixing validation to be case-insensitive
- Initial release #boom