This extension for WooCommerce allows you to render coupon information and show content based on the validity of coupons.
Customers can be motivated to proceed with their purchase, offering them to use specific coupons
when the contents in the cart qualify for it, or by offering them to purchase additional items
so they can use a coupon.
Extended coupon discount info for volume discounts is shown automatically, if the WooCommerce Volume Discount Coupons is installed.
It also works with WooCommerce Coupons Countdown.
It provides the following conditional shortcodes that allow to enclose content which is shown if coupons are applied, valid or not valid.
[coupon_is_applied] [coupon_is_not_applied] [coupon_is_valid] [coupon_is_not_valid]
Coupon Info Shortcodes
It also provides shortcodes that allow to render the coupon code, its description and an automatic description of the discount:
[coupon_code] (this one makes sense mostly when used inside one of the conditional shortcodes). [coupon_description] [coupon_discount]
A coupon enumerator shortcode allows to list all or a set of coupons, to show their code, description or discount information:
Please refer to the plugin’s documentation pages for detailed descriptions.
Showing a coupon when the cart contents qualify for a coupon to be applied:
[coupon_is_valid code="superdiscount"] You qualify for a discount! Use the coupon code [coupon_code] to take advantage of this great discount : [coupon_discount] [/coupon_is_valid]
Showing a coupon that is not valid for the current cart and motivating to add items:
[coupon_is_not_valid code="25off"] If you purchase 5 Widgets, you can use the coupon [coupon_code] to get 25% off your purchase! [/coupon_is_not_valid]
Documentation and Support
Full usage instructions and help is provided on these pages:
- Please refer to the plugin’s documentation pages for detailed information Documentation
- Questions, feedback and suggestions can be posted on the plugin page WooCommerce Coupon Shortcodes plugin page and Support
- Upload or extract the
woocommerce-coupon-shortcodesfolder to your site’s
/wp-content/plugins/directory. You can also use the Add new option found in the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- Enable the plugin from the Plugins menu in WordPress.
Contributors & Developers
“WooCommerce Coupon Shortcodes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Tested with WordPress 4.7.3 and prepared for WooCommerce 3.0
- Tested with WordPress 4.4 and WooCommerce 2.4.10.
- Added the
- Tested with WordPress 4.3 and WooCommerce 2.4.6.
- Updated the documentation links.
- WordPress 4.1 and WooCommerce 2.3.x compatibility checked
- Updated the version required
- WordPress 3.9 compatibility checked
- Improved coupon currency symbol rendering, now using wp_price() to render amount and currency when available.
- WordPress 3.8 compatibility checked
- Fixed a PHP Warning when no codes are supplied to a shortcode.
- Added [coupon_enumerate] shortcode
- Added support for subscription coupons
- Added the option to display the coupon code as prefix with the [coupon_description] and [coupon_discount] shortcodes.
- Fixed bug caused by undeclared variable used to check excluded product IDs
- Added: [coupon_is_applied] shortcode
- Improved: allow more flexible description and discount listings, the
element_tagattribute can be used to specify enclosing tags other than the default
- Initial release.