By design, WooCommerce instantly completes only orders containing “Downloadable” products, upon payment. Orders of virtual products must wait for a manual approval from the shop manager. Installing this plugin you will have the opportunity to let WooCommerce process orders automatically if the payment is complete:
- Paid orders of virtual products only: orders containing “Virtual” products only will be completed upon successful payment.
- All paid orders of any product: orders of any product (even physical) will be turned to “Completed” upon successful payment.
- All orders (!): each and every order will turn to “Completed” irrespective of the payment status.
Please be aware that the third mode allows the customer to access the product immediately before the payment is completed.
- Upload the plugin\’s folder to the
/wp-content/plugins/directory or install it through the integrated plugin installer
- Activate the plugin through the \’Plugins\’ menu in WordPress
- Navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Extra Options in your Dashboard
- Select the desired mode
- Activate Payment Data Transfer from your seller preferences on PayPal and copy the identity token that will appear into WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > PayPal > PayPal Identity Token.
- The plugin is not working
Please test the followings:
1. Navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Extra Options and ensure that the mode under Autocomplete Oreders is not set to off.
1. Navigate to WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > PayPal and ensure that your “PayPal Email” is the primary email of your PayPal Account.
1. Activate Payment Data Transfer from your seller preferences on PayPal and copy the identity token that will appear into WooCommerce > Settings > Checkout > PayPal > PayPal Identity Token.
Please watch this video if you don’t know how to properly configure PayPal on WooCommerce:
- No dude, not working yet!
Please deactivate my plugin (or select mode “Off”), test with a product marked as “virtual” and “downloadable”. If it still doesn\’t work, then there\’s something wrong in your WooCommerce configuration or in your payment gateway. If it does work, please log an issue on the support page!
- SSL Error
An update that PayPal rolled out a few months ago introduced this issue in WooCommerce for many users. Please follow this thread and the recommendation enclosed: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/ssl-error-for-paypal/
Yes I’ve wasted hours to figure out how get the payment process working for my online course. I am so happy that this plugin exists. Just one click and it works!
Was thankful to find this for free. 5 stars for you.
Works as expected
This plugin works exactly as expected and got me out of a very big hole. Paypal is so bloody awkward these days (unless you have a Degree in Encryption or something) and this plugin (plus it’s concise instructions) cuts through all the BS and just gets your cart working the way you want – especially if your site sells services and other intangible items. Thank you developers!
No problem. Works fine. Easy configuration.
This plugin used to work for me, but when I switched my payment processor from Paypal to 2Checkout, it stopped working. I guess if the plugin works for some payment processors and not others, that’s probably why some people think the plugin works great, and some people hate it.
I did just see that there’s a page on WooCommerce that shows you how to set your site to auto-complete orders without a plugin. You need to add some code to your functions.php file. I haven’t tried it yet, but I wanted to share it in case it helps. https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/automatically-complete-orders/
It seems like this should just be an option built into WooCommerce.
Contributors & Developers
“WooCommerce Autocomplete Orders” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Minor changes.
- Translations updated.
- Minor fixes.
- Compatibility with WordPress 4.4.2.
- Rebrand of the plugin.
- Added direct link to the Settings page from the plugin page.
- Added support links.
- Minor fixes.
- Compatibility with WordPress 4.4 and WooCommerce 2.5.
- Minor fixes.
- Documentation completely rewritten.
- Solved PHP Notices and Warnings.
- Plugin is now compatible with WooCommerce Product Bundles.
- Plugin completely rewritten to comply with WordPress 4.0 and WooCommerce 2.0.
- Added 3 different modes to activate the plugin:
- Virtual Paid Products Only: order for products marked as “Virtual” will be turned to “Completed” upon successful payment.
- All Paid Products: orders for any product are turned to “Completed” upon successful payment.
- All Products: each and every order is turned to “Completed” irrespective for the payment method and whether or not the payment happened.
- Added a settings page (in WooCommerce dashboard) to select the mode we want to activate (under WooCommerce > Settings > Woo Extra Options).
- Updated compatibility.
- Added localisation support.
- Added Italian localisation.
- Added Spanish localisation.
- Added links to support and the official page.
- First release.