Sends out a daily email digest of all orders made the previous day in WooCommerce. This provides a great summary of yesterday’s activities as well as helping with quickly checking orders against any payments received overnight without needing to log in. It can also be useful as a packing slip for a warehouse and what stock goes with which order.
- Upload the plugin files to the
/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-email-ordersdirectory, or install the plugin through the WordPress plugins screen directly.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ screen in WordPress
- Set the email recipient under WooCommerce->Settings and select the
What time does the email go out
By default, the emails are set in the WordPress cron scheduler at 1am. This can be adjusted using a cron interface plugin like
I didn’t receive any email overnight
The email digest currently only gets sent if an order has been made the previous day.
I didn’t receive any email at the scheduled time
If you are relying on the built-in WordPress scheduler then this only gets triggered by site visitors. Therefore, if no one visits your site at the exact time of your intended schedule then the email won’t trigger exactly when you want it. A preferred option, if your hosting supports, is to set up a cron task at server level to trigger the
Contributors & Developers
“WooCommerce Email Order Digest” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Allow all orders for a day to be sent rather than the default 10
- Added a date selector to test the email digest out for a specific date
- Added support for internationalization
- Added support for multiple recipients – comma separated
- Added sub-total, freight, discounts, and total to each order
- Added grand total for all orders for the day
- Bug fixes
- Added new introduction text as an option
- Removed cancelled orders from the email
- Adjusted timestamp to use the correct timezone set in WP
- Initial release