It creates a custom post type of Widget and adds a meta box with some select boxes to the edit page.
A setting in: Settings -> Widgetable allows you to specify how many select boxes to show.
Easily add the Widgetable Widget to your sidebar and you’re done.
This plugin is geared for sidebars on a company website or non-blog sections of your website. It allows you to create reuseable text widgets, add custom logic with shortcodes or anything else you can do in the TinyMCE editor.
- Add plugin to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add the Widgetable Widget to your sidebar or place
<?php get_widgetables(); ?>in your template
- Go to
Settings->Widgetableand choose how many widget spots you want to show
- Create a few widgets in the ‘Widgets’ area of your admin navigation
- Go to a page or post and select which widgets to show
- I don’t see the widgets on my website, what gives?
There are two ways to install widgetable:
- Add the Widgetable Widget to your sidebar.
<?php get_widgetables(); ?>in the sidebar (or wherever you want them to display).
It might be smart to add if
function_exists('get_widgetables')around your call.
- How do I change the number of widget spots?
Go to Settings -> Widgetable and choose how many widget spots you want to show
- How do I hide the widget title?
When adding your widget you can set a custom field of ‘hide_title’ to true or 1
- How can I changed the widget template?
To update how the widgets display you will need to use the ‘widgetable_display_widget’ filter. Example coming soon…
It does not support the theme styles. The widget will appear on the page, but his style is different from the theme of the site.
This plugin is useful for everyone. Use this for free.
Contributors & Developers
“Widgetable” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Updated WP_Widget contstruct
- Added ‘add_filters’ for the following items:
++ Width Post Types to display the widgetable meta box on ‘widgetable_post_types’ (default: post, page)
++ Order of default widgets ‘widgetable_default_order_by’
++ Removed template.php ‘widgetable_display_widget’
- Added Menu Icons
- Fixed PHP errors
- Added widetable widget so you can easily add widgetable widgets to your sidebar.
- Initial load of the plugin.