The shortcode requires the widget ID, but no need to guess, the plugin generates the code for you. To override the widget title for a widget you can use the “title” parameter:
[widget id=”text-1″ title=”New title”]
You can also hide the widget title entirely if desired:
[widget id=”text-1″ title=”0″]
- container_tag: the HTML tag to use for the widget container, default:
- container_class: CSS classname added to the widget container, default:
widget %2$s(Note: uses sprintf for variable substitution)
- container_id: HTML ID attribute for the widget container, default:
%1$s(Note: uses sprintf for variable substitution)
- title_tag: HTML tag to use for the widget title wrapper, default:
- title_class: CSS classname for the widget title wrapper, default:
- Upload the whole plugin directory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- That’s it. Use the [widget] shortcode anywhere you want
Does what it says in the tin. No complaints..!
Congratulation author Plugin…perfect plugin…
Works well for my simple needs. Interesting for combining with columns.
thanks for your wonderful plugin.
Why on earth was I trying to code my own widget area? This is magic! Thank you, Shazdeh.
Thanks also for the lovely, clean script which I can learn from 🙂
Contributors & Developers
“Widget Shortcode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fix possible notice message
- Fix notice messages regarding unregistered widgets
- Fix bug where widget titles do not show. Thanks websitedons!
- update how the shortcode code is displayed to avoid potential problems; thanks websitedons!
- Fix for possible notice message
- Additional parameters to control the widget output
- Fix notice message if widget is inactive
- Shortcode generator in TinyMCE
- Minor code refactoring
- Fixed missing widget classes and ID from before_widget
- Fixed a bug with removing titles from widget
- Compatibility with Widget Title Links and other plugins that change the widget args
- Added the ability to override the widget title in shortcode
- Support for filtering the default widget args
- Cleared the PHP notice
- Added do_widget function
- Added the ‘title’ option which enables to suppress the widget title