Widget Manager gives you full control over widget visibility via nice and easy interface.
Every widget can now be displayed on or hidden from one or few pages. Display relevent content on your pages, posts, categories, tags, archives, custom post types, custom taxonomies, page templates, WordPress service pages, etc..
Upgrade to the Pro version of this plugin – the worlds most complete Sidebar and Widget management system for WordPress including regular updates and premium support:
Sidebar and Widget Manager | Demo site
Display widgets based on language(WMPL plugin) or user role is available as well.
Support for WooCommerce plugin, bbPress plugin and BuddyPress plugin has been added too.
This plugin works with all widgedets – WordPress default and any custom added widget.
The interface is very intuitive and requires no coding knowledge at all.
How Widget Manager Light works:
- Go to Appearance -> Widgets.
- Select a Widget in any sidebar.
- Click on the Set Visibility button.
- Select where to display on or hide from.
Please refer to online documentation page for more details and screenshots.
This would be a great plugin for smaller less frequently updated sites but for mine a large travel site it is not much use.
Whenever you create a new page it includes all the widgets and you must go into each widget and disable it for each new page or amendment.
Sorry, but this is simply impractical as it takes hours on my site to make changes to one page.
With the vast array of plugins available for WordPress and the extreme availability of (inexpensive) freelance coders capable of WP development, I cannot in good conscience recommend a plugin whose developers refuse to answer simple questions about their software without users paying them.
All I have to say to the "support" team that told me to pay them before they answered a question that I needed to know the answer to in order to determine if the plugin would even work for my needs is this:
Nobody is going to pay you for a product that does not work.
Updating to versiion 1.3 or higher requires deactivation of the old version first! More info here
- Updated: WordPress 4.5 compatibility
- Updated: OTW core functions
- Fixed: Visibility tabs posts pagination
- Updated: use wp build in function for plugin url
- Added: All posts from category/tag except some post ids option
- Updated: replace depricated functions
- Updated: new nicer interface
- Added: More flexible filters
- Added: BuddyPress plugin support
- Updated: WPML plugin translated and not translated languages display
- Updated: WPML plugin function registration verification
- Added: WPML plugin support
- Added: WooCommerce plugin support
- Added: bbPress plugin support
- Added: User role filter
- Added: All posts from tag filter
- Added: All posts from custom taxonomy filter
- Added: Authors filter
- Updated: Better compatibility on a single WP installation for Widgetize Pages Light, Sidebar Manager Light, Widget Manager Light, Sidebar Widget Manager full version
- Added: Full support for posts, categories, tags, archives, custom post types, custom taxonomies, page templates, WordPress service pages, etc.
- Added: Convinient filters
- Updated: Activation method and replacement functionality
- Fix: Loading path
- Fix: Plugin’s dirname and url paths
- Fix: Compatibility on a single WP installation for Widgetize Pages Light, Sidebar Manager Light, Widget Manager Light
- Initial release