WhisperFollow turns your wordpress blog into a federated social web client.
In it’s current form it aggregates RSS feeds in a page on your blog called “following” which it creates.
The links it aggregates are the ones from your blogroll with rss feed data.
Reblogs are automatically in the “whispers” category which can be excluded from pages if you like using plugins like Simply-Exclude.
This plugin will be updated to be ostatus compatible working with the ostatus-for-wordpress plugin.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Navigate To yourblog/following
- Where do I see everything?
This plugin creates the page “following” so for the blog “foo.com/bar” the whisperfollow page would be at “foo.com/bar/following”.
The page is initally private but if you open it in the page editor and make it public you can add it to menus and things.
- How do I add links?
You can add things to your blogroll using the links editor in the WordPress admin section which is recommended.
You can also add things using the quick add box at the bottom of the page.
Contributors & Developers
“WhisperFollow” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Many minor bugfixes
- Added Reply-Context metadata to reblog whispers
- Added support for reading MF2 pages as part of ongoing effort to make plugin indieweb friendly
- Fixed the error preventing whispers to actually be added to the wall created from last bugfix
- Fixed installation errors created by the logging function >.<
- Improved Stability and changed logging to Fixed length FIFO to avoid explosions
- Bugfix. Items from PuSH updates now actually get sent to aggregation
- PubSubHubbub Subscription robustified. Should now autodetect and subscribe to PuSH hubs.
- Fixed logging capability.
- Fixed bugs from wordpress 3.5 preventing aggregation from occurring
- Fixed new scheduling bug
- Fixed links for installs without permalinks
- Added test pubsubhubbub subscription!
- Bugfix to create the proper scheduler time! Now checks for updates in five minute intervals!
- Bugfix to actually register the update hook with scheduler.
- Initial Release