This simple and lightweight WordPress maintenance plugin puts the site into maintenance mode by sending a ‘503 Service Unavailable’ status to all unauthenticated clients.
Thus it effectively inhibits search engines from both losing your site’s existing content and indexing your maintenance page as well, so your site will not lose its rankings while it is out of service.
Content will even be hidden from consumers of the site’s RSS or Atom feeds.
Please refer to the WordPress Maintenance Plugin article for additional information.
wet_maintenance.zipand upload the contained files to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Contributors & Developers
“Site Maintenance” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Compatibility check with WordPress 4.4.
- Nice icon.
- Compatibility check with WordPress 4.1-beta.
- A bit of style.
- Compatibility check with WordPress 3.8.1-alpha.
- Compatibility check with WordPress 3.7-alpha.
- Initial release.