Well-Handled lets developers build, manage, preview, send, and track complex transactional email templates with WordPress, freeing them from the time and expense of using a third-party service like Mandrill. It comes with a ton of template processing options, easy drop-in functions for generating and sending transactional emails, and hookable filters for developers with additional needs.
- Manage and preview email templates through WP-Admin;
- Color-coded editor with dozens of themes;
- Support for Handlebar/Mustache markup;
- Preview templates in WP-Admin or send as an email;
- Numerous post-processing options such as CSS inlining, comment removal, whitespace compression, etc., let you keep your working code readable and the rendered product optimal;
- Shortcode and fragment support (like reusable headers, etc.);
- Send emails via SMTP, Amazon SES, or Mandrill;
- Track open rates and clicks, search send history, view statistics, access full message details;
- Assign template and statistic access on a per-role basis;
- [Deprecated] Mail sending via queue instead of realtime;
Well-Handled is more complex than the average plugin and therefore requires a litlte more from your server:
- WordPress 4.7 or later.
- PHP 7.3 or later.
- PHP extensions: date, dom, filter, hash, imap, json, libxml, openssl, pcre
- UTF-8 encoding.
- Well-Handled is not compatible with WordPress Multi-Site.
Please note: it is not safe to run WordPress atop a version of PHP that has reached its End of Life. Future releases of this plugin might, out of necessity, drop support for old, unmaintained versions of PHP. To ensure you continue to receive plugin updates, bug fixes, and new features, just make sure PHP is kept up-to-date. 🙂
Well-Handled includes the ability for site operators to track sent emails — either basic metadata or full message content — and see which links the recipients of those messages end up visiting.
This data resides fully on the hosting web server and is not shared with any third-parties (aside from the SMTP servers used to send the messages).
While the plugin does not utilize any WordPress GDPR “Personal Data” features, it does provide mechanisms for deleting data, both selectively and automatically.
- Unzip the archive and upload the entire
well-handleddirectory to your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Contributors & Developers
“Well-Handled Email Templates” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Well-Handled Email Templates” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- [Fix] Improve PHP 8 compatibility.
- [Change] Explicitly require minimum PHP 7.2.
- [Change] Remove plugin licensing options.
- [Deprecated] The scheduled send functionality has been deprecated and will be removed at some future date.
- [Misc] Update SES to use v4 authentication.
tel:could be mistakenly downgraded to
- [Misc] Update dependencies.