This plugin allows you to display a widget on your blog with the profile information from any website that supports the
WebFinger protocol. (Specifically tested with Diaspora.org, Status.net, Friendika.com)
Webfinger: http://code.google.com/p/webfinger/ simple-web-discovery: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jones-simple-web-discovery
- Install the plugin from your WordPress admin panel.
- Upload the plugin folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
Q. Why doesn’t the link in the widget go directly to my profile on [insert social network here]? A. Some of the networks don’t have a full profile link in the hCard or XRD at the moment (or I can’t find it). This might change in the future.
Contributors & Developers
“WebFinger Profile” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- ensured no function name collision
- modified description to mention widget name
- added settings link to plugin description in plugins listing page
- removed temp. hack for Diaspora – they now support the rel=”http://webfinger.net/rel/profile-page” in the XRD (Thanks Maxwell)
- added deactivation hook to purge profile data
- fixed up some function names to ensure non-collision
- get profile url from XRD (‘cept Diaspora until they add this data)
- generic method for discovering hcard elements
- improved method of getting external files
- dialed in the XRD discovery code
- tightened up the description
- added stylesheet
- added class names to badge widget
- modularized core code
- added badge widget
- Initial release