Vuact lets you embed Vuact videos in your posts very easily, and offers a few benefits over simply copying in Vuact’s embed code.
- Use simple ‘tags’ to place videos. This keeps your posts nice and tidy.
- Set the width and height of the videos once for all that are embedded in your blog (this can be used to make them fit in themes with a small content column, or be used to enlarge them). You can adjust this if you switch theme.
- If Vuact ever decides to alter their embed code, there will be no need for you to go through all your posts and update the code. Simply update this plugin and have the new code for all your movies.
Vuact is very lightweight and should work with pretty much every version of WordPress (tested on 1.5 and higher).
- Download the zip file and extract the contents.
- Upload the ‘vuact_embed’ folder to your plugins directory (wp-content/plugins/).
- Activate the plugin through the ‘plugins’ page in WP.
- See ‘Settings->Vuact’ to adjust the display size.
Using Vuact to embed videos
- Find the video on Vuact.
- Extract the ID from the video page url. These look something like: http://www.vuact.com/watch/vuact-official/vuact-product-introduction.
- Type [vuact]vuact-official/vuact-product-introduction[/vuact] anywhere in your post. Use or [googlevideo] if the video is from other source.
- Save and publish the post.
Is there a way to add Vuact player to my videos without visiting Vuact site?
No, not yet, sorry. We are working on it.
Contributors & Developers
“Vuact” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Fix adding video corresponding to embed link structure changes
- Make space and incorporate new login screen and flow
- Tweak and re-format title, description
- Change logo
- Enable full Vuact player features for Vuact affiliates
- Allow adding new videos from the plugin ui
- Fix linking to assets using WP_PLUGIN_URL. Fix titles
- Initial release.