Vocalyze gives readers the ability to listen to blogs when they can’t read – for example, while they drive – or simply when they are busy doing something else. Readers can listen on web browser on on mobile device – iPhone or Android phone.
Some specific reasons to add Vocalyze’s WordPress Widget to your blog include
- Easy, fast content repurposing
- New potential revenue streams
- New branding opportunity
- Easy to install
- Playlists to share with friends and family
- Increased reader engagement
- Requires only a small amount of space on a page
- Leverages Vocalyze’s user base to increase your readership
- It’s completely free!
- Download and copy the “vocalyze.php” file to the
- Go to WordPress admin Dashboard, choose “Plugins” => “Installed Plugins”. Activate the “Vocalyze Widget” plugin by clicking on “Activate” link
- On the Dashboard, choose “Appearance” => “Widgets”. Drag and drop the “Vocalyze” to the desired Widget Area, for example, Primary Widget Area.
- Click on the Down arrow of “Vocalyze” bar to open the Vocalyze Widget configuration menu.
- Enter the URL for your blog website in the input box.
- Choose an icon that works the best for your blog theme.
- Click on “Save” to save the configuration.
- Go to your blog website. Now you will be able to see the Vocalyze Widget.
- My plug-in isn’t working
There are many reasons why your plugin might have errors. Make sure that the .php file has been uploaded to “/wp-content/plugins/” on your host server. Check to make sure you’ve activated it on the plugin menu of your admin interface.
- I want Vocalyze on my non-wordpress webpage
Vocalyze is a coded widget that can be integrated into a variety of web pages with a variety of content. If you are interested in opening up your page to new demographics with Vocalyze, contact us at email@example.com.
- I want to know more about Vocalyze
- Please visit http://www.vocalyze.com/
- FAQ page: http://www.vocalyze.com/web/faq.html
- I want to contact Vocalyze
- Please visit http://www.vocalyze.com/web/contact.html
- For technical support, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Contributors & Developers
“Vocalyze Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
* Remove the Twitter option. Make the configuration easy for the bloggers.
* Zero configuration effort
* Auto detect Blog site RSS feed
* Allow manual input of RSS feed as an alternative
* Zero effort configuration
* Blog web site URL input is optional.
* fix name space clash issue
* new feature for listening to blogs on vocalyze mobile app
* fix a html5 compatibility issue
* add alt text to img tag
* support three icon sizes and allow user to choose own text for the widget