Have a VMIX account and want to embed videos into your WordPress blog posts? Then this plugin is for you! Just click the blue “V” icon in the WYSIWYG editor (TinyMCE) and you’ll get a popup where you can search for related videos by keyword (searches title and description). You can then preview and embed any of the results.
This is an initial stab at a plugin. It’s not pretty or complete but it’s functional. Please be gentle in the rating and criticism. Go ahead and suggest new features and I’ll try to implement them.
If you don’t have a VMIX account and would like to get one, visit http://vmix.com/
The configuration options include a player ID (this will go away in future versions when you’ll be able to select a player instance when you embed each video) and an auth token. Auth tokens can be copied from any widget. Just log into the VMIX Admin Console and go to Applications -> Widgets and click on any of the widgets. Then go to the “Embed Code” tab and look in the code for an “auth_token=xxxxx” and copy the value there. Alternatively, if that’s too cumbersome, contact your Client Service Manager and they’ll get it for you.
- Upload vmix.zip to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Create a “vmix” directory
- Unzip the contents of vmix.zip into the newly created vmix directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
Q. How do I get my VMIX auth token?
A. In the VMIX Admin Console, go to Applications -> Widgets and view the embed code for any widget there. The atoken in the embed code will contain your auth token.
Contributors & Developers
“VMIX” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added confirmation message when config options changed
- Prettier preview player, bigger popup, added some nicer copy
- Now closing the popup when video is embedded (assuming user is finished with the popup at that point)