The Restrict RSS Feeds plugin gives you several useful options for managing your feed such as:
- Switching off all RSS feeds in your WordPress installation
- Restricting access to authorized users by requiring a password for access
- Removing descriptions and excerpts from the feed
- Removing author names from the feed
RSS is a type of web feed that allows your readers to automatically get new content in email newsletters and RSS feed readers.
RSS feeds can be useful for your website when running a blog but are unnecessary if using WordPress as a basic website builder or ecommerce site. Some blog posts may also be gated content and be intended to be visible by authorized users only.
- Download and save the Visual Restrict RSS plugin to your hard disk.
- Login to your WordPress site and go to the Add Plugins page.
- Click Upload Plugin button to upload the zip.
- Click Install Now to install and activate the plugin. RSS feeds will be disabled by default.
- To restrict access using a passphrase go to the settings page under Settings > Restrict RSS
- Add your password and enable the Require Password to View Feed option
- Click on Save Changes to save your changes
- Try opening the sample link provided to view changes. You may need to do a hard refresh to view all changes to the RSS feed.
I don’t see my changes after saving?
RSS feeds are sometimes cached. Try updating or creating new a post. Alternatively, you may need to do a hard refresh on the feed page before changes can be seen in browser.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“VisualWP Restrict RSS Feeds” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “VisualWP Restrict RSS Feeds” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
* Initial Release