This plugin allows to restrict user with Author and Contributor roles to view their own Posts and Media Library items only at admin back-end.
Plugin offers option automatically select “Uploaded to this post” item from drop-down list at Insert Media – Media Library dialog and option to hide this drop-down menu for all users except Administrator and Editor, user with ‘edit_other_posts’ capability.
You can find more information about “View Own Posts Media Only” plugin at this page
I am ready to answer on your questions about plugin usage. Use ShinePHP forum at
plugin page comments or site contact form for that please.
- Just ask.
Not a lot more to say than simple and effective. Thank you.
I really needed this and can´t believe wordpress didn´t think of this before. Perfect. Thanks so much for your work.
- Restriction applied to the selected admin pages only (Posts and Media Library) to exclude compatibility issues with other plugins.
- CSS updated for WordPress 4.0.
- Added option to turn on/off ability to hide comments to the posts of other authors. Admin sees all comments now.
- Added option to exclude from plugin action selected custom post type. If you use plugin “Contact Form 7”, do not forget to exclude its ‘wpcf7_contact_form’ post type from this plugin action.
- Enhance compatibility with other plugins:
- Does not hide custom type posts created by Contact Form 7 plugin;
- Support for ‘supress_filters’ query variable is added. If you need to make a query without it being filtered by “View Own Post Media Only”, use $wp_query->set (“suppress_filters”, true); at your plugin or theme.
- 1st release