This plugin allows to restrict user with Author and Contributor roles to view their own Posts and Media Library items only at admin back-end.
Plugin offers option automatically select “Uploaded to this post” item from drop-down list at Insert Media – Media Library dialog and option to hide this drop-down menu for all users except Administrator and Editor, user with ‘edit_other_posts’ capability.
You can find more information about “View Own Posts Media Only” plugin at this page
I am ready to answer on your questions about plugin usage. Use ShinePHP forum at
plugin page comments or site contact form for that please.
- Deactivate plugin if you have the previous version installed. (It is important requirement for switching to this version from a previous one.)
- Extract “view-own-posts-media-only.zip” archive content to the “/wp-content/plugins/view-own-posts-media-only” directory.
- Activate “View Own Post Media Only” plugin via ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress admin menu.
- Plugin has no any settings and works just from the box – activate and forget.
- Just ask.
Not a lot more to say than simple and effective. Thank you.
I really needed this and can´t believe wordpress didn´t think of this before. Perfect. Thanks so much for your work.
Has no effect on Posts (default type). Has no effect on Media. Only has an effect on one out of 4 of my custom post types added with Pods, and even then it adds a “Mine” option, along with “All” and “Drafts”, so it’s still possible for authors to see everybody else’s posts of that type.
Don’t know why this is. Happy to provide more info, if you let me know what would help. But it’s currently useless for me.
Contributors & Developers
“View Own Posts Media Only” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Restriction applied to the selected admin pages only (Posts and Media Library) to exclude compatibility issues with other plugins.
- CSS updated for WordPress 4.0.
- Added option to turn on/off ability to hide comments to the posts of other authors. Admin sees all comments now.
- Added option to exclude from plugin action selected custom post type. If you use plugin “Contact Form 7”, do not forget to exclude its ‘wpcf7_contact_form’ post type from this plugin action.
- Enhance compatibility with other plugins:
- Does not hide custom type posts created by Contact Form 7 plugin;
- Support for ‘supress_filters’ query variable is added. If you need to make a query without it being filtered by “View Own Post Media Only”, use $wp_query->set (“suppress_filters”, true); at your plugin or theme.
- 1st release