Provides a “view all” (single page) option for posts, pages, and custom post types paged using WordPress’
<!--nextpage--> Quicktag (multipage posts).
Your theme must use
wp_link_pages() to generate post page links, or you must use either the automatic or manual link capabilities provided in the plugin.
IMPORTANT: There are certain plugins that may interfere with this plugin’s functionality. See the FAQ for more information.
- Upload view-all-posts-pages.php to /wp-content/plugins/.
- Activate plugin through the WordPress Plugins menu.
- Navigate to Options > Permalinks and click Save Changes to update navigation.
First, navigate to Options > Permalinks in WP Admin, click Save Changes, and try again.
If clicking on a link takes you back to the post or page where the link appeared, see the Known Plugin Conflicts item below.
If, after reviewing the remaining FAQ, you are still experiencing problems, visit http://www.thinkoomph.com/plugins-modules/view-all-posts-pages/ and leave a comment detailing the problem.
vapp_the_linkwill add a link to the full-content version of whatever page it appears on. This function accepts the following arguments:
- $link_text: Set to text that should appear for the link. Defaults to View All.
- $class: Specifies the CSS class for the link. Defaults to vapp.
Known Plugin Conflicts
This plugin is known to conflict with certain plugins, many pertaining to SEO and permalinks. Conflicting plugins include, but are not limited to, the following:
- WordPress SEO by Yoast: This plugin’s
Permalinkoptions, particularly Redirect attachment URL’s to parent post URL and Redirect ugly URL’s to clean permalinks. (Not recommended in many cases!), interfere with View All Post’s Pages’ ability to display full content. Both must be disabled, and the site’s rewrite rules regenerated (by visiting Options > Permalinks and clicking Save Changes), for View All Post’s Pages to function.
- WordPress SEO by Yoast: This plugin’s
Contributors & Developers
“View All Post's Pages” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Compatible with WordPress 5.2
- Compatible with PHP 7.3
- Introduce PHPCS tests
- Update plugin based on PHPCS results
- Security update: correct misuse of
add_query_arg()as identified by Sucuri: https://blog.sucuri.net/2015/04/security-advisory-xss-vulnerability-affecting-multiple-wordpress-plugins.html.
- Move conditional registration of some filters to
init, both to ensure external code can interact with filters and to avoid PHP notices.
- Correct translation implementation issue introduced in v0.8.
- When WordPress determines a request is a 404, don’t activate the plugin’s functionality.
- Convert the plugin to a singleton.
- Audit entire plugin for translation readiness.
- Correct phpdoc.
- Further ensure that WordPress doesn’t think a post is paged when viewing the full post content unpaged. Ensures that code checking the
$multipagevariable will function properly. Props @batmoo.
- Revert change in is_view_all() method made in version 0.6 as it breaks the method, rendering the plugin inoperable.
- Add additional rewrite rules for situations where verbose page rules are required.
- Disable canonical redirect when print template is requested.
- Update is_print() method to use WordPress API.
- Correct translation string implementation.
- Change how post content is modified for View All display. Rather than using the
the_contentfilter, global variables are overridden in the
the_postaction. Ensures that infinite loops don’t result from shortcode processing and other uses of the
the_contentfilter. Props to the WordPress.com VIP Support team (batmoo) and stevenkword.
- Introduces the
vapp_display_linkfilter to allow plugins and themes to suppress the automatic View All link on specific posts. Return
falseto suppress the link. Filter also passes post ID, plugin options, and post object.
- Eliminate use of plugins_loaded action since plugin has no dependencies on other plugins. All code previously located in the associated method has been moved to the class’s constructor. Props danielbachhuber.
- Add filter to disable rewrite rules notice.
- Apply esc_html() to link text during output.
- Update code to conform to WordPress Coding Standards.
- Simplify rewrite rule creation, resolving 404 errors in most cases.
- Change how wp_link_pages arguments are filtered to better support as-needed filtering.
- Initial release