Video Dashboard allows you to quickly and easily embed YouTube videos in the dashboard of your WordPress site. A settings area allows you to specify up to 50 YouTube video IDs or URLs that you would like to show up in the backend of your website. You can then choose the minimum role that is able to see it in their dashboard. If you only want Administrators to see them, you can do that!
Possible future upgrades will include Vimeo embedding, more precise role control, and more robust video embedding options.
- Extra the contents of the .zip file and upload
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Add some videos to the dashboard by going to Settings -> Video Dashboard and following the instructions there
- What Video formats are supported?
Right now Video Dashboard only supports YouTube videos, but we are working to support Vimeo as well.
Contributors & Developers
“Video Dashboard” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed PHP notices for video URLs upon plugin initialization
- Fixed a bug where blank video URLs would display as broken videos
- Tested and found working with WordPress 4.5.3