Vidbolt is a social video platform where you can: add or “bolt” comments to a moment in the video timeline, see comments from your friends and people you follow using our comment filters, get a visual snapshot of what people find interesting using our Vidbolt heatmap, and see your comments integrated with the video’s comment stream.
This plugin lets you embed a Vidbolt player using a [vidbolt] shortcode.
Steps to embed a video:
- Sign up for a Vidbolt account at http://vidbolt.com and add a video.
- Go to the video collection page for your video and click the “Embed” button.
- Enter the video description and create the embed.
- Copy the ID from the “data-vid” tag in the output.
- Add a [vidbolt id=”___”] shortcode with the ID you just copied to your WordPress post.
- Upload to
/wp-content/plugins/or install via Dashboard > Plugins > Add New
- Activate the plugin through the \’Plugins\’ menu
Contributors & Developers
“Vidbolt” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Support for blogs using SSL,https
- Updated embed syntax to handle multiple Vidbolt embeds on the same page/post.
- Initial release.